An audit is the process of thorough inspection or verification of the accounting of a company , organization, society or entity. There are several types of audits , which are done with the objective of knowing the financial situation, the strengths and weaknesses that exist in a company. To perform an audit you need an accounting expert.
Likewise, at the end of the audit, a report must be prepared that will be made by a competent auditor. In which the positive or negative points and the conclusions that the whole process threw are shown, through which a series of documents and information was examined; and thus present it to the management of the company so that they are aware of what is good and what needs to be improved.
It should be noted that although there are two different types of audit, which are external and internal , both are used to prepare the audit report; In addition, the text to be presented must be clear, objective and impartial at all times .
This will allow the results obtained in the audit to be useful for the company and can be taken into account as a firm guide to direct the actions to follow and have a strategic plan for the company .
This is how the audit report is very important, since it will express all the information collected and that it must be well prepared; following some guidelines so that the writing of the same is effective. So the question arises : What are the steps to write a high impact audit report?
High impact audit report
In this entire process, the high-impact audit report is the most important, because with the results obtained, the financial conditions in which the company is located can be analyzed in depth and thus, based on the report, future decisions can be made; in other words, the audit report has to be effective, substantial and clear.
If you want to prepare an audit report that has a high impact on the reader, you should consider the following tips so that it is substantial:
- It must have a purpose , that is, to explain why the required information was carefully examined, the objective of the audit, the scope and the conclusions of the work.
- The design of the report must be simple, that is, its writing must be clear, precise and brief when presenting all the aspects that are considered relevant and easy to read. The language must be colloquial to be understandable. It should be written in an impersonal way.
- Place a main message first to capture the reader’s attention, where it will give details and explanations that support the study carried out.
- Divide the report into sessions so that it is not a continuous text, but allows the reader to calmly analyze the explanation of each detail that is presented, that is, a heading is placed and then comments are made based on demonstrating what He says; in order to get the reader’s attention.
- It must contain evidence of everything you comment on in the report, that is, everything you write must be supported by sufficient, reliable, relevant and useful information , so that the conclusion of the report is clear and objective.
- Present information that reflects relevant and important findings for the company, in addition to that the information must be true, accurate, complete, objective and constructive.
Identify the root cause of the observations, this in order to give the pertinent recommendations and suggest action plans that help to improve substantially in the future.
The results obtained in the audit should inform about the current situation and how to act to improve; It can also cover aspects that allow determining the objectives, programmed goals or operations that go with the company.
Finally, it should be taken into account that when writing the report, avoid making a value judgment ; that is, affirming that a department failed, addressing problems universally, producing an evasive report, avoiding unnecessary accounting or technical terms, praising the work done, since it must be written simply and naturally.