The secret codes of mobile telephony are accesses that the developers manage to the devices to enable menus and functions , in case some kind of repair or modification to the system is required . Since most of the world’s population uses at least one smartphone for daily use, the knowledge of these accesses never hurts.
If the manipulation of a mobile that operates with the Android or iOs operating system is within your reach, the updated list of secret codes of both operating systems will be able to work for you throughout the use you assign to your phone.
Secret codes on phones: a shortcut to settings you didn’t know
The operating systems that handle the phones acquire by default a series of tools that allow the user to make adjustments. Each of these configurations is at a glance , so that the person using the mobile can find it easily .
When we talk about secret codes, we refer to a series of options that the developers of these operating systems have created to carry out functions of technical and professional use for the maintenance and repair of the phone. Since they have a specific objective, an attempt is made to keep them in the “back door” of the device to prevent the person from mistakenly configuring the mobile.
However, some of these functions can also be used to activate menus , test elements of the phones and even obtain data from it. To start using them, you only need to open the “Telephone” application, since there you will write the combination of signs and numbers to indicate the task to be carried out. At the end of typing, you must press call and the function will begin to execute.
List of secret codes for Android
Since Android is one of the most demanded operating systems worldwide , its programmers have created an extensive list of commands. This is an acquired benefit, since the platform managed by these devices enables the modification and configuration of the interface at the user’s convenience and taste .
So in case you need any of these combinations, we leave you here the most important ones so you can start applying them. Not without first reminding you that each of these codes is dedicated to configuring the device, so you must be careful which one you will use.
- * # 06 # is used to know the IMEI code that the mobile has.
- * # 12580 * 369 # allows you to view the hardware and software details of the device.
- * # * # 273282 * 255 * 663282 * # * # * is a combination dedicated to backing up personal files found in storage.
- # * # 7780 # * # * takes care of restoring the device without erasing the data on the phone.
- On the other hand, * 2767 * 3855 # performs the restoration by erasing the mobile data.
- # * # 197328640 # * # * is used to activate the test mode of the device version.
- Related to this, * # 0 * # allows you to access the phone’s information and tests menu.
List of secret codes for iOS
In the same way that it happens with the Google operating system, Apple programmers have spent their time creating commands that allow their users to consult new functions on their phones .
Compared to the previous ones, for iOS the number of codes is lower, since it is a closed OS that does not allow any type of customization.
However, this should not worry you, since the following combinations are intended to consult and activate parameters of the mobile that you did not know:
- * # 06 # is used to check the IMEI code of your device.
- * 3001 # 12345 # * is used to activate the field test mode.
- * # 67 # activates the option to divert calls received by your phone.
- * 3370 # allows you to activate and deactivate an exclusive mode for iPhone to improve call quality.
- # 31 # + Telephone number is a code that allows you to make a call to the number you indicate as a “hidden number”.
In short, these combinations are very useful every time you need them, without forgetting to be very cautious when making modifications that may affect the device.