Apple introduced the new operating systems a month ago. Specifically, we have seen the arrival of iOS and iPadOS 15, macOS 12 Monterey, watchOS 8 and tvOS 15. We are constantly working on all these new systems in our magazine, which underlines the fact that there are really countless news available in them. We primarily focused on iOS 15 and macOS 12 Monterey in previous manuals, but in the coming days we will of course also look at the news from watchOS 8. Immediately after the presentation of the new systems, Apple released their first developer beta versions, later public beta was released. versions, so anyone can really try the systems.
watchOS 8: How to activate Concentration mode
Apple devoted a substantial portion of its presentation to the new Concentration mode, which can be defined as the Do Not Disturb on Steroids mode. While in older versions of the systems you could set the maximum activation and deactivation time for Do Not Disturb, users will now be able to set up applications for (not) receiving notifications, together with (not) allowed contacts. In addition, you can work with urgent notifications and automations. Cross-device synchronization is one of the great new features in Focus mode. So as soon as you activate Focused on an Apple Watch, for example, it will automatically be activated on your other devices as well. Here’s how to activate Focus Watch mode on Apple Watch:
- First, you need to open the control centeron your Apple Watch :
- On the home screen:swipe up from the bottom of the screen;
- in the app:hold your finger on the bottom edge of the screen for a while, then pull your finger up.
- After opening the Control Center, locate and click on the element with the month icon.
- If you can’t find this icon, scroll all the way down,tap Edit, and then add an element.
- Next, just select and clickon one of the available Concentration modes that you want to activate.
- Finally, just confirm your choice by clicking Doneat the top left.
Therefore, the selected Focus mode can be activated on Apple Watch as described above. Once you activate this mode, note that the element icon in the control center will change to a specific mode icon. As for adjusting the Concentration modes, some basic ones can be done in Settings -> Concentration. Creating New Modes Concentrating the bag on an apple clock is not possible.