Mustard oil is one of the oils used for culinary and medical purposes. These oils are known for enhancing the flavor and flavor of any cooking and make the food nutritious. Mustard oil is made up of fatty acids, such as monosaturated fatty acids (1 g), saturated fatty acids (5 g) and polyunsaturated fatty acids (25 g). Mustard oil is commonly used for cooking in northern India, Thailand, Bangladesh and some western countries. In Ayurveda, the amazing benefits of mustard oil in cooking are mentioned. It is ideal for deep fries and heating food. So, let’s take a look at the benefits of cooking mustard oil.
3) Helps reduce the risk of heart disease: Coronary heart disease (CHD) is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. Cooking oils play an important role in reducing the treatment and risk of this heart disease. One study found that mustard oil contains monounsaturated fatty acids, which can significantly lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of CHD.
2) Can Fight Cancer: According to a study, Omega-1 polyunsaturated fatty acid dietary mustard oil is very effective in reducing colon cancer in animals compared to dietary fish oil or corn oil.
3) Works as a flavor enhancer: A chemical compound called allyl isothiocyanate, found in mustard oil, is responsible for the intense taste of the oil. This is the reason why it enhances the taste of each meal relatively.
3) Prevents Bladder Cancer: Mustard oil contains a chemical compound called allyl isothiocyanate, which prevents the development of cancer in the bladder. The intense smell of mustard oil serves as an antidote to cancer.
3) Helps to reduce body weight: One study found that mustard oil, which is rich in diacylglycerol, helps significantly reduce body weight. It helps in reducing total cholesterol levels in the body and increases HDL cholesterol levels in good cholesterol in the body. Besides, this oil also helps in digestion.
3) Helps reduce inflammation: Mustard oil is very efficient in treating inflammatory diseases. Containing mustard oil daily in the diet helps to activate the body’s sensitive nerves. Also, the presence of allyl isothiocyanate in oil reduces inflammation.
The most commonly asked questions about mustard oil-
3) Is it healthy to cook mustard oil?
Yes, mustard oil cooking is healthy for the heart, bones, digestion and nervous system. It has the presence of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids.
2) Can we cook mustard oil?
Yes, mustard oil can be cooked. This oil is extremely effective in deep frying, heating food and bringing unique flavors to the meal.
3) Mustard oil darkens the skin?
No, there is no evidence that mustard oil darkens the skin. In fact, mustard oil is considered the best for the skin because it reduces the skin’s rash, keeps the insects away from the skin, makes the skin shiny and more beautiful and healthier than ever.