We all know that what is in heaven and on earth, and between the two there must be the Essence of the Creator. We need to know together that God Almighty. creating His creatures of various kinds, and their lives. There are living things that we can see with our naked eyes. And there are also creatures of His creation that we cannot see in plain view.
Creatures of this supernatural are also of different kinds, some of which are angels. These angels created by God also have their own tasks. In addition to remembering, praising, the angels also have their own duties.
Because of his unseen nature (naked) this is what a Muslim is obliged to believe. The faith of these angels occupies the second order in the chain of faith, after faith in God, followed by faith in angels.
We know for ourselves that this vast universe consists of galaxies and stars. And that all of course there must be someone who guarded and served to secure it all according to the duties of their respective angels.
From the angels whose numbers are very much, we are required to know and believe in only a few angels. Because these angels are always accompanying or side by side with us as humans.
Chapter List ☰
The Meaning of Faith in the Angels
Faith in angels means to believe and believe that angels are God’s creatures and really exist. We need to know together if we as humans were created by God from the ground, this is different from angels. God created angels from light or nuur .
Besides, angels are not given lust, which means that angels who have been created will always remember and glorify Allah swt. as the Creation, and the All.
These angels also have their own characteristics, which are clearly different from those called humans. The characteristics of these angels include:
- Obey and obey what Allah swt has done. order them. This explanation we can see in QS. At-Tahrim verse six, as follows:
…… لَّا يَعۡصُونَ ٱللَّهَ مَآ َمَرَهُمۡ وَيَفۡعَلُونَ مَا يُؤۡمَرُونَ
“Disobey God for what He commands them and always do what He commands”
- Angels lack arrogance and pride. That is, They are Allah’s creatures. who is always remembering, and praising the name of Allah Almighty. all the time, and constantly without feeling tired. As stated in the QS. Al-Anbiya ‘verses 19-20 are as follows:
وَلَهُۥ مِنِ فِي َّٱلَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلۡأَرۡضِۚ وَمَنۡ عِندَهُۥ لَا يَسۡتَكۡبِرُونَ عَنۡ عِبَادَتِهِۦ وَلَا
“And to Him belong the heavens and the earth. And the angels that are with him, they have no arrogance to worship him nor do they feel tired.
- Because it was created without the elements of lust. These angels are creatures who are always submissive and carry out the commands given by God without delay or delay. This is described in QS. Al-anbiya ‘verses 26-27, as follows:
بۡلۡ عِبَادٞ مُّكۡرَمُونَ ٢٦ لَ يَسۡبِقُونَهُۥ بِٱلۡقَوۡلِ وَهُم بِأَمۡرِهِۦ يَعۡمَلُونَ َ
“Indeed, they are the glorified servants. They (angels) do not precede him in word, and do his commandments. ”
Related Articles: Understanding, Functions and Wisdom of Faith in the Scriptures of God.
The names of angels and their duties
in learning or getting to know the names of angels assigned by Allah Almighty. this. We must know in advance, that the number of angels is very large, but only a few angels that in Islam all humans must know who these angels are.
As mentioned above we must know and know these angels because, the angels we need to know have an important role in human life and daily life.
The names of angels that we must know and know, including:
- Gabriel, this angel has the task of conveying the revelation to the apostles and prophets of Allah swt.
- Angel Mikail, the angel who is responsible for distributing sustenance to all beings in this universe.
- The Angel of Raqib, is the angel assigned to record the evil deeds of mankind
- Angels’ Atid, is an angel assigned to record the good deeds of mankind
- Angel of Munkar, this angel has the task of questioning humanity while in the grave. As well as responding in the grave
- Nakir Angel, this angel also has the same task as the Munkar angel. It is the question of humanity when they have left the world (died) and been put in a pit.
- Angel of Izrail, this angel is in charge of the lives of mankind
- Angel of Israfil, the angel given the task of blowing trumpet trumpets on the Last Day (Judgment Day) and the Day of Resurrection.
- Angel Ridwan, the angel in charge of guarding the gates of heaven
- Angel Malik, the angel in charge of guarding the gates of hell.
If we study more closely. There are still countless angels who have not been written above. As explained in some hadith of the prophet Muhammad SAW. Here are the following:
Frf Lee Bayt almmvr, fsalt upon, fqal: NDOSH Bayt almmvr ysly huhusay a ‘Day sbvn a country, hehehe khrjva Lim Mei maghdube yvdva lyh end. General Chat Chat Lounge General Chat Chat Lounge
“Then it was shown to me in Jerusalem . So I asked Gabriel, and he said, ‘This is Jerusalem ,’ 70,000 angels are praying daily. Once they leave, they will never come back, and that will be their last chance. ” (HR. Bukhari)
Benefits of Faith in Angels
Many benefits can we take from this faith in angels. Among these benefits are:
- Be more careful in carrying out all actions and activities in our daily lives. Because we know for ourselves that the angels always accompany us all. And that’s where the various activities that we have done will be recorded by them. This is as explained in QS. Al-Infithaar verses 10-14:
وَإِنَّ عَلَيۡكُمۡ لَحَٰفِظِينَ ِ كرِامٗا كَٰتِبِينَ ١١ يَعۡلَمُونَ مَا تَفۡعَلُونَ ١٢١٢إَِّٱۡأَۡأَۡأََََََََََۡ
“For all of you there are (angels) watching (your work). The noble (in the sight of Allah) and taking notes (of your works). They know what you are doing. Indeed, many devoted people truly are in a paradise full of pleasure. And truly those who are ungodly truly are in hell ”
- In addition to recording the deeds done by humans. These angels also pray for Allah’s servants. who is always obedient and obedient in carrying out whatever worship He commands. This is where humankind can be safe, comfortable, peaceful and optimistic in their worship activities. This is explained in QS. Fushshilat verse 30 as follows:
The ٱlzyn indeed rabbanā ٱllh his ٱstqmva ttnzl maghdube ٱlmlykh Alla Villa tkhafva thznva vabshrva bٱljnh are ٱlty tvdvn 30
“Verily those who say:” Our Lord is God “then they affirm their position, then the angels will come down to them, saying:” Do not be afraid, neither be dismayed; and rejoice in them that God has promised you. ”
- Always try to do good and right things and always try to stay away from bad and bad things. Because a Muslim already knows that there are angels who always accompany him and record all the deeds he did. As explained in the QS. ar-Ra’d verse 11 follows:
لهُۥ مُعَقِّبَٰتٞ مِّنۢ بَيۡنِ يَدَيۡهِ وَمِنۡ خَلۡفِهِۦ يَحۡفَظُونَهُۥ مِنۡ أَمۡرِ ٱللَّهِۗ ..
“For men there are angels who always follow him, in front and behind, they keep him by the command of God. “
Create Shared Reflections
From the brief explanation above, of course the name of faith in angels can make us all Muslims to be more alert and able to take care of ourselves. Besides that, we must not forget that the name of faith in angels can also make us all always appear optimistic in doing all good deeds.
Coupled with the name believe in something unseen (angels) is not something that is easy to do for everyone. For people whose eyes function normally, surely they can know which things are visible or clearly visible and which are not visible. Then what about our brothers who are blind in their eyes?
Under normal conditions they cannot see things that appear or appear. But, we know they can feel something that has a form or that has a form, even though they cannot clearly see that something.
From here, humans need to open their ‘eyes of the heart’. That is, as creatures, humans must remain convinced that there are other creatures that cannot be reached by our naked eyes. from there also we have an obligation to faith in angels, because they are one of God’s creations that exist, but can not be seen human eyes or supernatural.