Become the best Alola trainer with the most complete guide to Pokémon Sun and Moon. Discover all its secrets and learn the best tips.
Update April 10: How to get Marshadow and how to get the Mawilite, Beedrillite, Audinite and Medichamite megastones .
Update January 26: The Pokémon Bank is now available, and those who activate it will receive the Crystal Z Mewstal that gives a special power to Mew (the Original Supernova attack). Additionally, a new game secret can be gained by transferring Solrock to Pokémon Sun or Lunatone to Pokémon Moon .
Update: How to get Magearna . Now available in Europe.
Welcome to our Pokémon Sun and Moon guide , which is still under construction, with which we will try to have the most extensive reference in Spanish to become the best Pokémon trainer on the Alola Islands . This beautiful archipelago of islands gives the game much more joy and color, but also hides great novelties of the Pokémon formula, celebrating 20 years of life .
Two versions, some differences
Which version to choose? As usual, each of the two versions of the game has its peculiarities. Both Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon have exclusive Pokémon and ultra-beings (one of the novelties), but the big difference between them is the time in which the game is set: both are synchronized with the console clock, but Luna is displaced twelve hours, so in the game it will almost always be at night. We tell you all the differences
Tricks and tips
Some essential tips and tricks to be the best Alola trainers:
- Special Evolutions: What are the secrets and requirements to achieve the most complicated evolutions in the game.
- All QR codes: List of all QR codes to complete your Pokédex. We show you the 472 different QR codes that the game has.
- Get Shiny Pokémon: Methods to get the “ Shiny ” Pokémon, different aesthetic versions of the known Pokémon. Arm yourself with patience!
- Hatch eggs fast :You can open and raise eggs very quickly and from any Pokémon with the following trick.
- Capture Serperior, Samurott and Emboar :Capture the starter Pokémon of the black and white editions in Pokémon Sun and Moon with this simple trick.
- Capture Cyndaquil, Chikorita and Totodile :Capture the starter Pokémon of the Gold and Silver editions in Pokémon Sun and Moon with this simple trick.
- Island Scanner Exclusive Pokémon :These are all the Exclusive Pokémon that you can only catch using the Island Scanner in Pokémon Sun and Moon.
- How to Capture the Ultra Beasts :The steps to follow to complete this mission available after finishing the game.
What’s new in Pokémon Sun and Moon?
With 20 years behind him, the Pokémon formula can allow few changes, but Sun and Moon adds some novelties. If Mega Evolutions arrived in Pokémon X / Y , which are maintained in this sequel, Pokémon Sun and Moon introduces the following novelties:
- New Legendary Pokémon: Solgaleo (from Pokémon Sun) and Lunala (from Pokémon Moon). Each Pokémon is exclusive to one of the versions. Solgaleo is the herald of the sun , while Lunala is the herald of the moon , at night. Solgaleo possesses the Metal Guard ability, never before seen in other Pokémon. Thanks to her, her characteristics do not diminish despite the effects of her rivals’ movements or abilities. Lunala possesses the Ghost Guard ability, never before seen in other Pokémon. Thanks to it, the Pokémon will take less damage from attacks received when its HP is at maximum.
- Ultra Beasts: What are these new Pokémon Sun and Moon creatures and how they influence the game. The Ultra Beasts are mysterious creatures that have been seen by the Alola region, and the no less mysterious Æther Foundation is investigating them. These creatures are very protagonists in the plot of this new installment, and at the end of the game we can try to capture them in an optional mission.
- Z Moves: New combat moves that add extra complexity. These are high-powered moves that you can only use once per combat . When the will of a Pokémon resonates with that of its Trainer and both release all their power, with a very spectacular and effective attack.
- Z Crystals: The requirement to be able to use Z Movements. We tell you how to get them all.
- Zygarde: How to get this Pokémon, the steps that we must follow to obtain this Pokémon, which has three different forms: One at 10%, another at 50% and another complete form.
- Pokémounts: How this novelty of the game works and which ones we can use. As we progress through the game we will gain access to different Pokémounts, which we can then use by pressing the Y button.
Starting to play in Alola
At the beginning of our adventure we will be able to choose one of three initial Pokémon , each one with its own evolutions. Rowlet is a Grass -type Pokémon and evolves into Dartrix and Decidueye . Litten is a fire type and evolves into Torracat and then Incineroar . Lastly, Popplio is a Water-type Pokémon and then goes on to become Brionne and then Primarina .
On the five islands that make up the Alola archipelago, many new adventures and possibilities await us that we have never had in a Pokémon game. In this place, Pokémon and humans have a very special relationship, and each of the islands has its peculiarities. In our Alola Map section we show you a large part of the things you can find. In addition to the new Pokémon included in this version of the series, there are exclusive Alola Forms , versions of Pokémon already known for this new game scenario. And we will have to be careful with the villains of Team Skull .
The Pokémon Bank is still present in this version , which for an annual fee allows us to store all our creatures on the Nintendo servers. A new online connectivity option is also added: the Festi Plaza . In this online communication space we can get Festimonedas , solve minigames and participate in Battle Royale confrontations .
Other interesting facets of Pokémon Sun and Moon:
- Evolutionary stones: what they are and where to find them.
- Tips for playing: Tips for beginners and advanced players.
- All the TM: What are and where are all the Technical Machines of Pokémon Sun and Moon.
- Increase happiness: How to increase the happiness of our Pokémon so that they fight better and evolve.
- How to catch Shiny or Shiny Pokémon: Tricks to get hold of these unique Pokémon more easily.
- Evolve Eevee: How to evolve Eevee into Jolteon, Vaporeon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreom, Sylveon, Leafeon or Glaceon.
- Multiplayer battles: How to participate and what the multiplayer combat options of Pokémon Sun and Moon consist of
- Exchange Pokémon: The way to exchange Pokémon has changed in Sun and Moon, we tell you the different options we have for it.
- Pokévisor: How to use this new mini-game to take pictures and what rewards it will give us.
- Poké Relax: Tips to take advantage of this new function to take care of our Pokémon.
- Poké Resort: What can we do in this new area of the game.
Postgame: New possibilities at the end of the game
Becoming the first Alola Champion is the goal of the game, but it is only the beginning. When we have finished the game, new possibilities will open up before us. These are all the possibilities of the postgame of Pokémon Sun and Moon :
- The combat tree: A meeting point for coaches. Upon arrival you will be welcomed by the Red and Blue trainers, and you will have to fight one of the two to be let through. This showdown will be pretty tough, and you will need to have a team with Pokémon of at least level 60.
- Capture the Ultra Beasts: They propose a new adventure to capture all the Ultra Beasts, which concludes with the possibility of getting the legendary Pokémon Necrozma
- Capture Cosmog again: This Pokémon that we evolved in Solgaleo or Lunala can be captured again to repeat the process and have another legendary specimen.
- Capture the four guardians: The islands of Alola have four guardians that we can capture after finishing the game:
- Tapu Fini: Guardian of the Pony Island.
- Tapu Koko: Guardian of Melemele Island.
- Tapu Lele: Guardian of Akala Island.
- Tapu Bulu: Guardian of the island Ula-Ula.
In addition to the legendary Solgaleo and Lunala, exclusive to each version, and Zygarde , there are numerous new Pokémon that we can find. In our section we tell you all the new Pokémon: Rowlet, Dartrix, Decidueye, Litten, Torracat, Incineroar, Popplio, Brionne, Primarina, Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Yungoos, Gumshoos, Grubbin, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Crabrawler, Crabominable, Oricorio (Passionate Style), Oricorio , Oricorio (Placido Style), Oricorio (Refined Style), Cutiefly, Ribombee, Rockruff, Lycanroc (Daytime Form), Lycanroc (Night Form), Wishiwashi (Individual Form), Wishiwashi (Bank Form), Mareanie, Toxapex, Mudbray, Mudsdale , Dewpider, Araquanid, Fomantis, Lurantis, Morelull, Shiinotic, Salandit, Salazzle, Stufful, Bewear, Bounsweet, Steenee, Tsareena, Comfey, Oranguru, Passimian, Wimpod, Golisopod, Sandygast, Palossand, Pyukumuku, Code Zero Komala, Turtonator, Togedemaru, Mimikyu, Bruxish, Drampa, Dhelmise, Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu,Tapu Fini, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow, Greninja (Ash Form).