Transfer Whatsapp Messages From Android To Iphone.Surprising as it may seem, transferring WhatsApp chats from one operating system to another has not been an easy task until recently, always having to resort to somewhat complex and not always effective techniques. However, there is already an official method to transfer them from an Android mobile to an iPhone and vice versa is now officially possible.
The possibility of transferring them from iOS to Android and a few months later it became official to do the opposite process . In this post , we will tell you what steps to follow in both cases so that you can change your device without losing your precious chats.
Requirements to be able to transfer chats between systems
Not every mobile has access to this possibility, although a majority of smartphones do. do, since the requirements are not very demanding. In any case, we believe that it is convenient to know them.
Transfer Whatsapp Messages From Android To Iphone;Complete Guide
To move from Android to iPhone
- Android versionmust be Lollipop, SDK 21 or later, or Android 5 and later.
- on iPhoneyou must have a version equal to or later than iOS 15.5.
- on Android, you must have the Move to iOS app.
- The version of WhatsApp on Androidmust be 22.214.171.124 or later.
- The version of WhatsApp on iOSmust be 126.96.36.199 or later.
- Use the same phone numberon the iPhone as the one that was being used for WhatsApp on the Android mobile.
- Both devices must be connectedto the same WiFi network and to a charger that powers the battery.
- Have the iPhone restored, to be able to execute the transfer from the initial configuration.
To move from iPhone to Android
- Have a Samsung mobile, Google Pixel and others with pure Androidthat have a version equal to or later than Android 12.
- In Samsung mobiles haveversion 188.8.131.52 or later of the Samsung SmartSwitch app.
- On Pixel mobileshave Android 12 or a later version.
- On iPhone, have version 184.108.40.206 or later of the WhatsApp app.
- On Android, have version 220.127.116.11 or later of the WhatsApp app.
- Have a USB-C to Lightning cableor have at least one adapter that allows the connection between both mobiles.
- Use the same phone numberon the Android mobile as the one that was being used for WhatsApp on the iPhone.
- Have the Android mobilefactory restored.
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iOS
Unlike what we will see in the reverse process, moving WhatsApp chats from an Android mobile to an iPhone only has one process, which we explain in these steps:
- Start the initial configuration of the iPhone and stop at the section of transferring data.
- Download the Move to iOS appapp on your Android mobile and open it.
- Go back to the iPhone and choose the Transfer from Android optionoption .
- In the Move to iOS app, type the code that appears on the iPhone screen.
- On the iPhone there is a list of data to transfer from Android and you must make sure that WhatsAppis checked.
- Click onContinue on the iPhone and wait for the process to finish.
- When you have already configured the iPhone, download WhatsApp in the App Store.
- Open the WhatsApp app and log in with the same number you had on Android.
- Click Importwhen given the option to recover chats.
Transfer WhatsApp from iOS to Android
At this point we find different methods depending on the Android model to be used. For this reason, we advise you to read the one that suits your circumstance and always taking into account the requirements that we mentioned above.
For Google Pixel and others running Android 12 and later
- Connect iPhone to Android mobile via USB-C to Lightning cable.
- If a message appears on the iPhone, tap Trust this computer.
- Turn on your Android phone and follow the usual initial setup steps.
- At the time indicated, agree to transfer data from the iPhone and make sure that WhatsApp data is checked among them.
- Open WhatsApp on the iPhone, go to its settings, go to Chatsand then Move chats to Android and click on Start . You can also do it by scanning a QR code that appears on the Android screen.
- On the Android mobile, the data transfer will begin and, when it is finished, it will proceed to download all the apps that were on the iPhone from Google Play.
- Open WhatsApp on Android when installed and sign in with the same phone number you had on iPhone.
For Samsung mobiles
- Turn on the Samsung mobile and follow the usual setup steps until the moment you are asked to transfer data from an iPhone.
- Follow the prompts displayed on the Samsung Smart Switch.
- When a QR code appears on the Samsung mobile, you must scan it with the iPhone camera.
- Click on the link that appears when reading the QR on the iPhone and click on Start.
- Continue with the setup of the Samsung device.
- Download WhatsApp once it is already configured.
- Open the WhatsApp app and sign in with the same number you used on the iPhone.
- When prompted, tap the Importoption to pass the chats. It is important that you wait for the process to finish.