You are on a date with a girl you really like, but all of a sudden the discussion slows down or even stops. You two are setting there and you have nothing to say to each other. This situation may have been brought on by stress or, quite simply, that you did not know each other well enough and were afraid to initiate discussion topics that might put off the other. What topics of conversation with a girl can you bring up then?
Or, you are texting and you really want to keep talking but you are wondering: what to talk with a girl? Whatever the situation, it is rather embarrassing! To avoid this embarrassment, we have prepared a list of questions that you can ask a girl by text or one-on-one.
Discussion topics to start the conversation
Whether it is one-on-one or by text, these topics are quite easy to access and everyone has, most of the time, something to say on these topics. Once you’ve found a topic of conversation that he likes, keep discussing that topic and listen! Each information that she gives you, will be useful to you in the future (in the phase of seduction).
Conversation topics with a girl are something you should think about ahead of time, i.e. before going on a date you should have in mind some interesting talking points that will show her that you really want to get to know her better.
The best way to start a conversation with a girl is to ask her what she’s doing. If, for example, she is traveling, ask her where she is going and what she has planned to do. The easiest way to start an exchange is to discuss topics of conversation with a girl who is in the present tense and therefore in her current situation.
By starting your conversation with vague but still relevant talking points, you prove to her that you are not rushing things. You want to know everything about her because you really like her.
Conversation topics that revolve around her career and professional success are a way of telling her that you love the fact that she is independent and doesn’t need a man to support her.
- What is your job?
- How long have you worked there?
- Do you like what you do?
- How are your colleagues?
- What is the best and worst thing that you had to do?
You can compliment her on her outfit and ask her where she bought it. Discussion topics like clothes are great for breaking the ice. You can subtly tell her that she’s stylish and elegant, without sounding like a voyeur.
Topics for conversation with a girl that relate to current events in the world are one way for you to see if she has her feet set on reality. Is it someone who is interested in what is going on around her or is it someone who lives in her fantasy world?
- What do you think of the story that appeared on the news yesterday?
- Have you heard of…?
- Do you follow the news?
- What subject do you think is not covered enough by the press?
- What subject is too much in the press?
Discussion topics on sports topics are useful for you because it simply allows you to see if you have the same tastes in terms of hobbies.
- Do you like sports?
- Which team are you a fan of?
- What is the last sporting event in which you participated?
- What sport do you practice?
- Who do you think will win the next World Cup?
You don’t want to sound like a dodgy guy, so don’t ask him for his address! Conversation topics with a girl that are too intimate or intrusive can turn her off and make her feel bad about you.
- What part of your life do you live in?
- Do you like your neighborhood?
- When did you move in?
- What is the biggest positive point in your neighborhood?
- Would you like to live elsewhere? Or ?
These kinds of conversation topics with a girl can sometimes be confusing: you just want to strike up a conversation but she can see it as a willingness to engage in a serious relationship. So be careful with your words! Don’t suggest that she go see a movie that comes out in two months, stay cool!
- What are your plans for the weekend?
- Where are you going to spend your next vacation?
- What are you going to do interesting this week?
- Do you plan to go to a concert or to the cinema soon?
- What do you plan to do on your birthday?
Conversation topics with a girl to get to know better
These one-on-one or text message chats with a girl are a great way to dig deeper into your budding relationship and see if you have anything in common. Bringing up the following conversation topics with a girl will give her a clear signal: you want something serious and you are not afraid to let her know.
Free time is one of the best things to talk about with a girl. This will give you a lot of information: what does she like to do? Can his hobbies complement yours? Does she have free time to spend in a new relationship?
- Do you have a lot of free time?
- What do you do when you are not working?
- What is the hobby you would like to spend more time on?
- Would you like to volunteer?
- When do you have the most free time, in the evening or on weekends?
The topics of conversation with a girl which revolve around the music is a good occasion to relax the atmosphere. You want some respite from your discussion because some themes can be really intense, musical tastes are the perfect opportunity.
- What kind of music do you like?
- What music did you like when you were younger?
- Who is your favorite band or singer?
- Have you been to a concert recently?
- What is your favorite album?
Much like music, movies, and entertainment in general are conversation topics with a girl that you absolutely must bring up. After all, you don’t want to end up with a woman who hates your favorite movie, right?
- What kind of movies do you like?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Who is your favorite actor / actress?
- What was the last movie you saw?
- What movie does everyone love but hate?
Who doesn’t like a good meal? You want to know if you are going to be able to enjoy the simple pleasures of living together. Does she cook? It is one of the topics of conversation with a girl that can give you the most information about her ability to take care of herself and maybe you.
- What is your favorite cuisine?
- Do you like to cook?
- Do you prefer to eat at home or at a restaurant?
- What strange food did you try?
- What do you hate to eat?
To read or not to read? That is the question ! Seriously, the more you read, the smarter you are. So bringing up conversation topics with a girl like literature is extremely important. You want to make sure you’ve found a woman who is equal to you and who appreciates a good book as much as you do.
- Do you like to read?
- What kind of literature do you prefer?
- What is the last book you read?
- What is your favorite book?
- What book can you recommend to me?
Maybe you love TV, maybe not… Either way, by bringing up the following discussion topics, you will know if you are going to be spending your evenings in front of a screen or rather romantic one-on-one.
- What show are you watching?
- How often do you watch television?
- What is your favorite series?
- What is the very popular series that you hate?
- What would you recommend to me?
The topic of travel is one of the most interesting topics of discussion. You can see if you have the same taste in terms of adventure or if she prefers quieter and more relaxing stays.
- Where did you go on vacation?
- What did you like about the places you visited?
- Where would you like to go?
- What place do you regret having visited?
- Have you planned a trip? Or ?
Are their activities compatible with yours? The topics of conversation with a girl that revolve around hobbies are the most telling. You will be able to guess the secret traits of her personality from her hobbies and what she likes to do.
- Do you have any hobbies?
- How long have you been practicing them?
- What prompted you to start?
- What hobby would you like to practice?
- What do you regret trying?
If you both have children, you can ask them questions about their ages and personalities. If only one of you has a child, or none of you have one, avoid this theme! These kinds of conversation topics with a girl can be a double-edged sword, so you need to check that talking about it doesn’t make her feel uncomfortable or in an awkward situation.
Are domestic animals his cup of tea? If ovus loves dogs and she doesn’t support them, what are you going to do? It is best to bring up these types of conversation topics with a girl from the start because if you fall in love with her, you are going to have to make a decision, her or your pet? To avoid getting there, don’t skip these kinds of discussion topics.
- Are you more of a dog or a cat?
- Do you have a pet?
- What animal did you have when you were a child?
- Which animal would you like to have?
- What do you do with your animal when you go on vacation?
Of course, education isn’t everything, but it still gives you a sense of who is in front of you. Is she smart? Does she like to learn new things? All of these conversation topics with a girl will help you understand her personality and understand her way of thinking.
- Where did you study?
- What subject did you study?
- What are the themes that you would have liked to learn?
- Is it easy for you to learn new things?
- What kind of student were you?
Discussion topics with a girl to know her story
Here you are looking to go further and tackle more personal themes. This topic is not really meant to be discussed by SMS but rather during a one-to-one meeting. Between four eyes, you can bring up topics of conversation with a girl such as family relationships or memories. Once you are comfortable, you can even talk about more intimate and sometimes painful things.
Childhood is either the best time in a person’s life or the worst. For a start, tackle the positive side of it. After all, you don’t need to know everything right away. Conversation topics with a girl like this never really end. There are always details that you keep to yourself and reveal later.
- Where did you grow up?
- What is your fondest childhood memory?
- What were your favorite hobbies?
- Which experience was the most memorable?
- Were you a wise person or rather someone high-powered?
You want to know if you are going to be able to find your place in his circle of friends. So, even if you are uncomfortable with these kinds of conversation topics with a girl, you need to be sure that her life isn’t all about her friends.
- Have you kept in touch with your childhood friends?
- How long have you known your current friends?
- How much time do you spend with your friends?
- Is the opinion of your friends important to you?
- Who is your best friend and why?
Ah! The famous theme of the family. Again, this can be a double edged sword. Yet, knowing what kind of relationship she has with her family and what place it holds in her life is essential for you. Conversation topics with a girl like this are very important sources of information for you.
- Do you have any brothers and sisters?
- Are you close to your parents?
- Do you have any family traditions that you still respect?
- What is the best advice your parents gave you?
- How much time do you spend with your family?
Is success important to her? Besides, what does she consider to be a success or an accomplishment? These discussion topics are great ways to understand what your professional goals are and what your life purpose is.
- What are you most proud of?
- What has been your most prestigious job?
- Have you ever won any prizes or awards?
- Do you manage to live independently or are your parents helping you?
- What is your next goal?
No need to talk much about this theme. Does she live to see a like appear under her photo or is she a person who appreciates real life? This kind of conversation topic with a girl is a theme of the make it or break it type. Either you like the answer she gives you and then your relationship has a future, or you don’t like her and you can stop the expenses right away. Because, she will not change her mind on it, and neither will you!
- Do you have social media accounts?
- How much time do you spend on the Internet?
- Are the comments of your virtual friends important to you?
- What image do you project in the virtual world?
- Are you addicted to Facebook or Instagram?
Here is a list of some conversation topics with a girl. You can ask her these questions on a romantic date or by text. Of course, there are many other topics to discuss: volunteering, languages spoken, creativity, emotional state or online dating.
Here, we have offered you some basic themes that will allow you to start the discussion and get to know this girl you like so much better. Remember that the conversation needs to be a two-way street, listen to their answers and answer their questions frankly and in detail. You are looking to find common ground and find out if your relationship has a future.
Once your night (or your texting chat) is over, you can go ahead and ask her if she would like to date you or at least if she thinks your relationship can work out. There is no reason to waste time if you find her really attractive and interesting!
Topics to talk to a girl: tips to follow
Remember that this list of questions is only a way to start the discussion, ask him other questions related to the same topic. But, don’t fall for the questioning, it’s a conversation so when she asks you a question in turn, be sure to give her a long and detailed answer.
Conversation topics with a girl are only pedestals for a deeper and more intimate discussion. The list of questions above does not contain all the topics you need to address. Besides, you can choose only three or four questions for more comprehensive and revealing discussion topics.
There are two topics that you absolutely should not bring up when you want to get to know a girl: religion and politics. Unless you want to start arguing, avoid talking about these two topics at all costs!
Finally, keep in mind that not everyone likes to talk or is in the mood for a conversation. If the person in front of you gives you short answers, doesn’t make eye contact, or ask you questions, they may not be up for a discussion. In this case, it is better to politely end the conversation and leave her alone with her thoughts.