The Meaning of Humility
- You realize that you still have many shortcomings and are not the most know-it-all person.
- Admit mistakes and then learn from them.
- Believing that you can’t do everything by yourself, so you need or need to rely on God and other people.
- Willing to understand the other person’s point of view and willing to listen sincerely.
- Reducing selfishness and pride from the focus of the word ‘I’ (I am the greatest, I am the most powerful, I am the smartest and I am the other ..) and begin to put the interests of others above their own interests.
- Change the attitude of rejection into sympathy and empathy where you begin to think in a balanced way between logic and feelings.
- Realize that everything we have in this world is not eternal and everything is a gift from God and also other people.
Note: “Humble with humble 180 degrees has a very different meaning, humble (+) humble (-)”
So, be a human who has humility , because I really believe and believe that people who have a humble character will actually be exalted , while people who continue to boast about themselves and always feel that they are the highest and right, will actually be humbled . Examples of someone with extraordinary humility: Mahatma Ghandi, Mother Theresa, Grandpa Dobri Dobrev and certainly Jokowi.
Humility” poetry by Taufik Ismail
If you are unable to become a banyan
What stands at the top of a hill
Be a thicket, but a fine grove,
That grows by the lake
If you cannot become a thicket,
Be only grass, but grass that
Strengthens the embankments at the side of the road
If you can’t afford to be a highway,
Be only a small road,
But a path that
Takes people to springs
Not everyone becomes a captain.
Of course there must be a crew member ..
Not the size of the task that makes it high
Low your value
Just be yourself .. Be
best of yourself