Why are stoves unsatisfactory for heating rooms ?

One of the main objections to the use of stoves is that they render the air of a room too dry—a certain amount
of water vapour in the atmosphere of a room is essential to health. Being closed, they receive a very limited
supply of oxygen, and carbon monoxide is generated in them. This readily passes through red hot cast-iron.
Carbon monoxide is poisonous. As ventilating agents  they are of very little account. The tendency to render
the air of a room dry and therefore irritating is “obviated by keeping a vessel of water on or near the stove, when
the evaporation of the water will keep the air moist.

 

by Abdullah Sam
I’m a teacher, researcher and writer. I write about study subjects to improve the learning of college and university students. I write top Quality study notes Mostly, Tech, Games, Education, And Solutions/Tips and Tricks. I am a person who helps students to acquire knowledge, competence or virtue.

Leave a Comment