If you are in sales and are always looking to reach a new audience, it is very likely that you have implemented Social Selling .
Today, companies know the world is moving fast, and unless they want to head for failure, they will have to test new market trends in order to encompass a large number of leads.
So, if you want to start finding other ways to get your brand recognition and increase your sales, keep reading and learn about what Social Selling is and how you can put it into practice.
What is Social Selling?
table of contents [ hide ]
- 1What is Social Selling?
- 2Social Selling Strategy
- 3Why do Social Selling?
- 1Advantages of Social Selling
The Social Selling is to use social networks to find leads and interact with them. All this with the aim of connecting and involving them in your business.
This marketing technique has replaced traditional calls, where the seller did not know their prospect. Now, it is possible to create a meaningful relationship that establishes your brand in the customer’s memory, so that you are the first thing you think of when making a purchase.
The impact of social networks is infinite. Thanks to their immediacy, it is possible to discover in real time the ideal moment to interact with them and begin to build a relationship that can become a successful sale.
The Social Selling is the ideal method to investigate leads and maintain active communication with them.
Social Selling Strategy
Social Selling goes beyond greeting a lead and starting a conversation with him. The work consists of investigating, finding these points that allow you to get closer, creating a strategy to tackle it, either by sharing content that is relevant to them or by solving some questions that may arise.
Here are some Social Selling strategies that you can put into practice to know how to sell on social networks :
The Social Selling by LinkedIn is one of the most popular methods among sellers, as the platform is made up of professionals from all industries. The perfect site for B2B sales.
To be successful in your Social Selling strategy on LinkedIn, we recommend the following:
- Your profile must be complete: This requirement is essential, we are talking about a platform where people share personal information of great importance, such as job position, organization to which they belong, academic level reached, etc.
- Be professional: Remember that the first contact matters, it is your opportunity to make a good impression, so you must ensure that you look professional, with a clean and friendly profile.
- Your profile should target the customer: Show current and potential customers that you care about meeting a need, that you understand their problems, and of course, you have the solution. In this way you can connect with them in a meaningful way.
- Share valuable content: This is one of the ideal ways to start interacting with customers. All you need to do is share different types of content targeted at your target audience.
- Use the advanced search function : This will help you find the best prospects, filtering people by location and job.
- Maintain interaction with prospects: Once you get the first contact, it’s important that you follow up and establish constant communication with them. In this way they will not forget you and they will know that you are aware of them.
Twitter offers you some creative opportunities to implement Social Selling. Companies have realized that this platform is perfect for customer interaction, especially on matters related to customer experience .
By using Twitter as a Social Selling platform , you certainly have a valuable opportunity to prospect and retain customers, plus it allows you to stay on top of how your competition is interacting.
Even though Twitter has some limitations like characters or sending private messages, it can work as the perfect introduction to start a good relationship with potential customers.
We have some tips to help you put this method into practice:
- Constantly check the mentions people make to your company and respond, be it a complaint, a congratulation or a suggestion. Answer everything and start interacting.
- Personalize your comments, respond to the specific needs of the client and create a dialogue with them.
- Move your Twitter conversation to other platforms to better interact with potential customers.
Without a doubt, Facebook is the favorite social network of organizations to carry out Social Selling. However, generating a funnel and converting clients is not as easy as it sounds. To achieve this you must have a solid communication structure.
The Social Selling on Facebook has great benefits for businesses and here we list all
- It allows you to have a first point of contact with leadsand participate in conversations related to products and experiences.
- You connect with customers and keep in frequent contact with them, in addition to allowing you to be aware of their needs and interests.
- Brand recognition is incredible. Post regularly, stay active, participate in conversations.
- Use the groups for your most loyal customers and get the best insights to improve your customer service and experience, this will help you get recommended to others.
Why do Social Selling?
Before, vendors used to do what we call “cold calling”, it consisted of finding a telephone number in a database or telephone directory, without having previous information from the client, the vendor did not even have his name, which caused twice work, an interaction destined for failure and one less customer.
Now, with people sharing large amounts of information through social networks, it is possible to identify their tastes, consumption habits, needs and the way in which they interact with other people. All this data can be useful to create a meaningful first contact with him.
Social Selling also allows sellers to have different channels of communication with the contact and different attitudes or perspectives on their behavior. Some social networks have a work and professional turn, we are formal and professional, but in others we are freer to share things with less seriousness and more creativity.
This enables sellers to notice these different attitudes and perspectives, and to connect appropriately with the prospect, enough to create a good first impression and trust relationship in the future.
Learn more about the impact of Social Media on consumer behavior .
Advantages of Social Selling
Implementing a Social Selling strategy has great benefits for your company:
- Give value to your brand.
- Offer valuable information to your target audience.
- Create a true connection with leads.
- It gives you greater opportunities to generate more sales.
- It allows you to increase your portfolio with quality leads.
- Get bigger profits faster.
Dare to try new strategies that positively impact your brand like Social Selling. It’s just a matter of researching, testing, keeping track of what works and what doesn’t, and taking advantage of every resource you find.
Article courtesy of Andrés Muguira , Director of QuestionPro Latin America. Creative, entrepreneurial and with an incredible mix of energy, ingenuity and more than 10 years of experience in sales, marketing and business strategies, Andrés is currently leading the market initiatives of the global company QuestionPro to make it the leading software platform for the generation of Insights from all Latin America.