Asking yourself what social benefits are in companies is something important: it shows that your HR is keeping an eye on the main trends that value your human resources.
This is because the market has increasingly pointed out the importance of taking care not only of the benefits imposed by the current labor laws, but also the aspects that contribute to the personal and professional development of each employee.
To help you plan for this qualitative transformation in your organizational culture , we have prepared this post.
In the next topics, we will explore what are social benefits in companies , where did this trend come from, what are its advantages and some tips on items that can be added among the benefits already offered by the company.
What are social benefits in companies?
Social benefits are some of the facilities offered by the company, adding diversified concepts of indirect remuneration.
As part of this, it is important to note that they can be divided into different classifications, such as legal benefits (those that are mandatory) and spontaneous ones , which we will talk about later on.
About mandatory, within the consolidated labor laws, we can mention some:
- medical and / or dental assistance ;
- food and / or food stamps ;
- transportation vouchers ;
- 13th salary ;
- overtime ;
- FGTS ;
- paid vacation ;
- private pension.
In general, they are benefits that are fully paid for by the company or, in other cases, partially, with the employee being responsible for paying the other party .
When did the social benefits arise?
Before we understand what social benefits are in companies , let’s understand their origin. In part, these are issues linked to the requirements of labor legislation.
However, in the mid-1940s, the concern for the well-being of professionals became more evident. In part, due to studies that related the quality of life of employees to increased productivity and results for organizations .
Not to mention other benefits that are commonly associated with increased well-being and quality of life within companies , such as:
- high motivational index;
- more engagement ;
- ease of working with talent retention ;
- more appeal to attract talent from the market ;
- reduction of absenteeism ;
- employee loyalty;
- increase of the company’s reputation in its field.
Therefore, those who came to understand more about what social benefits are in companies soon realized that everyone has to gain from this type of work.
What are the other advantages of investing in social benefits?
It is worth pointing out that the application of social benefits must be thought strategically. After all, not all articulation, in this sense, may have to do with the average profile of employees .
In other words: the HR sector must be in deep alignment with the company’s managers to understand what objectives must be achieved with social benefits .
In general, knowing what social benefits are in companies – and how to apply them – allows HR to work towards:
- significant improvements in the quality of life of employees, focusing on their particularities, and not on market trends;
- maintenance and improvement of the organizational climate;
- reduction in the rate of turnover;
- qualification of the productive capacity and productivity itself of all employees.
For the company, we have already pointed out the benefits of this. The investment quickly turns into a loyalty and engagement that translates into multiple – and tangible and intangible – profits for the company.
For the employee, in turn, we can highlight some points of great relevance, such as:
- close assistance in solving your personal problems and challenges;
- more satisfaction to undertake, internally, and grow with the company;
- personal development;
- individual well-being.
How about we see, then, the classification of benefits and then go deeper into modern alternatives that may have everything to do with the moment experienced by your employees?
What are social benefits in companies and what are their types?
Below, we created a practical classification to understand, once and for all, what social benefits are in companies :
These are the benefits mentioned at the beginning of this article. In other words: all those foreseen and guaranteed by CLT.
Benefits granted voluntarily by the company , such as paid bonuses, profit sharing and the basic basket, among others.
Cash bonuses that the company records on the payroll . Some examples:
- retirement or supplementing it;
- financing of medicines;
- loan plans.
However, there is also a modern issue that has raised the curiosity of HR professionals in search of knowing what social benefits are in companies .
These are the facilities made available to employees of a company . Below, we highlight some of the main ones:
- cafeteria within the company;
- access to clubs;
- transport – as chartered;
- flexible hours ;
- financial welfare programs;
- assistance in the purchase of medicines or even for the treatment of serious and / or chronic diseases;
- on-demand payment .
Through these differentials, the company’s HR generates more security, convenience and satisfaction for its employees.
Therefore, it is advisable to make a detailed plan to understand the profile of your employees and, thus, design the best strategy so that everyone benefits.
What is the role of HR in this process?
Now that we understand what social benefits are in companies, it is time to understand the process leading to their implementation.
And, to help you build the best strategy for your company , below we highlight an efficient step by step:
- meet with the leaders and identify the objectives for the elaboration of a flexible and personalized plan of social benefits;
- do research , with employees, and open the space for opinions too;
- Identify the best benefits to align with the company’s demand;
- Do small tests and measure the results – for example: if productivity or demotivation, which were chronic problems, were mitigated with the proposed action.
In this way, it is easy to understand what social benefits are in companies and the advantages of their execution, adding multiple values for your organization!
Now, you want to know what other strategies can complement this type of campaign and further qualify your company?