According to experts, the period of adaptation to work after the return from vacation is between one and two weeks. It should be noted that a sharp turn after the summer can cause loss of productivity at work and make it possible to suffer from the so-called “post-vacation syndrome”.
«Goodbye to the beach, to siesta, to stay up late, not to have schedules, not to think about what bothers us … Goodbye? Where is it written that the end of the holidays is the beginning of a sentence? » is the reflection of Pedro Palao Pons, personal coach and communication expert at Tisoc Coaching , the leading European school in Spanish coaching. According to Palao “we tend to idealize vacations and think of the rest of the year as a series of calamities. But the reality is that neither the holidays are so perfect nor the weeks that remain so horrible ».
Assimilate the end of the holidays
The positive attitude is decisive to resume work in the best possible way. From Tisoc Coaching they offer a series of tips to make returning to routine less “heavy”.
- Goodbye with the heart. You have to focus on reality. It is very difficult to return to the routine thinking how much it has been enjoyed during the holidays. We must face day to day with the most pleasant aspects of the routine and forget those thoughts that move us back to the past and options that are no longer feasible.
2. Life is beautiful. You have to respect time for yourself every day. It is necessary to schedule a personal leisure time -either 15 minutes or 2 hours- but a time of personal enjoyment is essential to adjust life to the new rhythms of the routine.
- Thank you for your vacation time. Keep in mind that not everyone can enjoy vacation time. Anyone who has had that “luxury” this summer should keep that in mind when returning to work with a positive attitude.
- Get off the cloud now. Leisure and disconnection creates a feeling of well-being that makes “holiday euphoria” cloud reality, day-to-day and obligations. The goals must be very concrete, measurable and realistic, otherwise it will only be worth it to fall into frustration.
- Think in the short term. Instead of dreaming about next summer, you have to do it about next weekend. The short goal stimulates, the very long, uncomfortable Starting the countdown to the next vacation is one of the worst ideas you can have.
- On vacation all year. It is very helpful to incorporate vacation habits into your work routine. For example, having breakfast with time reading the newspaper is something associated with free time, but it is possible to do it without effort every day before going to work.
- Eat balanced and sleep well. It is important to lead a healthy life. No diets are necessary, it is enough to have a balanced diet and practice some sport.