There are really many road signs and even if you have studied them to get your license, sometimes a review is useful: in this article we deal with the warning signs.
Here’s what they are and what they mean .
Warning signs on the street: what they are
A triangular danger sign is normally positioned 1.50 m from the start of the area to be signaled : it is also possible to position it at a different distance, but this must be specified in an additional panel placed under it.
If while driving you cross a signal of this kind, you will immediately know that there is a danger at that point and that you will have to adopt the appropriate behavior: always view any additional panel with the symbol or brief description that specify its nature.
The warning signs have a triangular shape with the vertex facing up: the background is white and the border is red, while the symbol is black.
They are divided into 3 categories:
- Danger signals
- Temporary warning signs
- Distance panels
Here are the main meanings of the warning signs .
Warning signs on the street: what they mean
There are warning signs to identify virtually everything, and what doesn’t exist as a symbol is then identified in the panel below:
- ruined roads
- dangerous curve to the right or left
- dangerous double curve, the first to the right or to the left
- level crossing with barriers or semi-barriers
- level crossing without barriers
- Croce-di-sant’andrea (level crossing without barriers with a single track)
- double cross of sant’andrea
- tram crossing
- cycle crossing
- dangerous descent
- steep climb
- symmetrical bottleneck, right or left
- mobile bridge
- yielding quay
- slippery road
- wandering pets
- wandering wild animals
- two-way traffic
- roundabout circulation
- outlet on a pier or embankment
- unstable material on the road
- falling rocks from right or left
- traffic light with vertical discs
- traffic light with discs horizontally
- strong side wind
- danger of fire
With this general overview of the main road warning signs you can drive more carefully and with less risk.