Rockstar presents us with its most ambitious game to date, Red Dead Redemption 2 , a prequel to the previous installment, whose story takes place twelve years earlier. You control Arthur Morgan , an outlaw from the Dutch Van der Linde gang , to which John Marston , the protagonist of the previous game, also belongs .
We are a huge game and full of possibilities, with hundreds of missions, secrets and collectibles , and in this complete guide it will explain everything you need to know to master it and get 100% and discover everything it contains, which is a lot.
Try 7 DAYS FREE Disney +
All Marvel, Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Indiana Jones and The Simpsons in one click. Try 7 days free Disney + and # stayteen watching their contents without spending a euro.
TRY DISNEY + FOR FREE
Tricks and secrets
As in other Rockstar games in Red Dead Redemption 2 there are a series of codes that you can unlock in the cheat menu and thus unlock a series of advantages that will make your life much easier in the Wild West.
In Red Dead Redemption 2 we can also find a series of secrets and curious or strange places, we show you where and how to find all the easter eggs saved by the game in our easter eggs section, where you can find even a UFO and a Big Foot !
History and 100%
The main story of Red Dead Redemption 2 is made up of more than 100 missions, which we can complete in bronze, silver or gold depending on the number of objectives you achieve in each of them.
We tell you how to complete the missions and the objectives you have to complete in each one to get the gold.
There are also a series of missions, challenges and activities that you must carry out to reach 100% progress, we explain how to do it.
Side missions and activities
In addition to the main story, there are many secondary missions, as well as all kinds of events and activities, such as performing bounty hunters, fortuitous encounters, haunts of rival gangs, unknown people.
We explain the different side missions and activities available.
Tips and basics before playing
Red Dead Redemption 2 is an especially large, complex and full of possibilities open-world action adventure that also adds some realistic and survival touches unusual in Rockstar games.
Below we are going to give you a series of tips and details to keep in mind to face a game as big and complex as this one, and that will not choke you in the first hours.
- Welcome to a western– Red Dead Redemption 2 , unlike other more crazy and frenzied Rockstar titles like the GTAs , is a slower and slower adventure, which invites you to explore and contemplate its settings, spend time hunting and fishing, searching secrets and curious characters in his wide world, with continuous movements on horseback. This is also reflected in the character’s actions, a burly, slow-moving guy with a very physical relationship to the stage. It is also a very long adventure, so our first recommendation is that you play it without haste, and enjoy everything it has to offer, which is a lot.
- Adjust the shootings to your liking– In the pause menu, in Settings and Controls, we can adjust a multitude of options related to aiming. This is something important, since you are going to spend hours shooting, and depending on how you adjust these options you can have a more or less demanding experience, which adjusts to each type of player. Of course, even if you put the shootings on foot in manual aiming or with very little assistance, we recommend that you ride a horse if you use assisted aiming, since it is quite difficult to hit a target in these circumstances.
- Understand the meaning of the cores– The health system, resistance and Dead Eye is somewhat peculiar, and if you do not understand it and assimilate well at first it can bring you some problems. It really is very simple; The outside of the cores indicates the health or resistance you have available, and the inside the speed at which these parameters will regenerate. You have to consume food, drinks or elixirs to recover them, or even sleep to recover from fatigue.
- Always carry a horse resuscitator with you– Horses are very important, and as the hours go by you create a bond with them that unlocks new movements and makes your horse better and better. At any moment, with an accident as simple as tripping over a stone and falling down a slope, your horse can be badly injured and die forever. To avoid this, always carry a horse resuscitator with you, an item that can be bought in any store and that can be used to save your horse if it is badly injured. If you have a serious accident and you don’t have this item, it will die, so don’t forget to always carry one with you.
- Focus on the story in the first hours– Practically the first two chapters of the game can be considered a long tutorial, in which they explain a multitude of concepts and open up their different possibilities. Although it may seem like the beginning of Chapter 2, when you set up the first camp, may be a good time to explore the huge world because it’s already available, we really don’t recommend it, because there are a lot of the game’s features that aren’t available yet, like fishing, since they don’t give you the fishing rod until you complete a certain mission. For this reason, we recommend that you focus on the main story in the first two chapters, we assure you that later on you will have many hours and freedom to explore as you please and move on from history.
- Do not obsess over money– Although in the first hours you are very tight on money, and you will not be able to buy all the weapons or horses you want, according to advances in the main story you will get large sums of money, and when you have spent about three chapters this will no longer be a problem. Looting the bodies of the enemies you find money and especially objects that you can sell for good amounts, but we know that it is tedious to loot dozens of bodies after a great shooting. Do not obsess over money and advance in the story, since it had just arrived. In our section of the guide How to earn money easily we give you some tips about it.
- Dialogue with the bandmates, dive into the narrative– The story of the game is not only told through the cinematics or the dialogues of the main missions, and there are many other moments when we can receive crucial information to understand both. the world of Red Dead Redemption 2 as its characters. Buy and read the newspapers, regularly read Arthur Morgan’s diary, and don’t miss the opportunity to have a conversation with a bandmate or listen to what they are talking about, since at these apparently unimportant moments we find some of the most emotional conversations of the game.
- There are no “losable” contents– Although due to the temporary jumps that occur in the game, it can give the impression that there are missions or contents that can be left behind and lose them forever, really, and without spoilers , there is nothing important that you can leave behind and that you cannot do later. In any case we remind you, you can save manually (Pause menu, History) in case you see that you are reaching the end of the story, do a manual save, for reasons you will understand.
- You can repeat the missions at any time– If there is any mission in the story that you particularly liked, spectacular or funny, you have to know that in the Pause, Progress, History menu you can repeat any mission you have played, and also try accomplish secondary objectives.
- There is fast travel– Although it is not available from the beginning of the adventure, later you will have different ways of traveling from one point to another on the map quickly, so do not fear that you will not always have to take long walks on horseback to get to a place. So we explain the different ways of fast travel in the game.
- Remember to keep weapons in good condition– In-game weapons wear out with use and even weather, and they lose effectiveness and jam, so you have to keep them in good condition. When you go to choose a weapon on the dial (by pressing L1 / LB), you can see its statistics, and at the end its status. If this bar has decreased enough, press the right stick and clean it pressing square / X. Of course, keep in mind that you need to have weapon oil, which can be purchased at any store.
Doubts and frequently asked questions
Red Dead Redemption 2 is a very complex game full of possibilities , from its combat with a multitude of weapons and a system of honor and search for the authorities, with the horses , which serve to move and store objects and that we must take care of, the possibility of hunting animals and collecting resources in nature to create recipes.
Here we explain some basic concepts and aspects of this title that you should know to face the game with guarantees, as well as a selection of the most frequent questions that our readers have had, such as:
- What are the best horses in the game ?
- Where and how to solve the puzzle of rare statues.
- How to increase health, endurance and dead eye.
- The requirements to complete the game 100%.
- How to get the best outfit
and much more!
There are 90 hunting, scouting, horseback riding, herb gathering, shooting, and even mini-game challenges , and every time we do one of them we unlock special gear on the trapper.
We detail all the available challenges and their objectives and rewards.
We can hunt and fish over 200 animals in Red Dead Redemption 2 , but there are some legendary animals , creatures with special characteristics that if we hunt give us unique materials, with which we can create special costumes and exotic talismans.
We detail all the legendary animals, where to find them and how to hunt them , also all the legendary fish .
Hunting, fishing and mini-games
In addition to carrying out the numerous missions in history or secondary, we can also carry out other types of activities, such as hunting and fishing or dedicating ourselves to playing poker, dominoes or the knife.
Here we explain all you have to know about hunting, fishing and mini-games.
Collectibles and secrets
The world of Red Dead Redemption 2 hides a multitude of collectibles and secrets and curiosities. Points of interest, cigarette stamps, dinosaur bones, dream catchers and strange huts, among many others.
We detail all the collectibles in the game and where to find them:
- Dinosaur bones
- Exotic objects
- Hunting requests
- Carved rocks
- Dream Catcher
Hidden around the wide and complex world of the game are a series of treasures, which to find we have to guide ourselves through maps that we find scattered across the stages.
We tell you all the treasures available and how to find them.