RCA increase without claims: why and when to object

If you have had an accident for which the fault is even only partially yours, the Motor TPL increase is almost certain, due to the worsening of the merit class and the trigger of the insurance malus . But what to do in the event of an RCA increase without claims?

Here’s when (and how) to oppose.

RCA tariff increase: why it happens

You have not had any accidents (or at least they were not caused by you) and the price of TPL auto went up? Sometimes it happens that the insurance premium increases despite not having been involved in a claim. But what can you do to object and avoid paying a higher rate?

First of all, we remind you that with the liberalization of 1984, all insurance companies can freely determine the parameters of their rates. Due to this situation it is possible to run into annual increases and tariff variations even while maintaining the merit classes and without adding additional coverage.

At the same time, however, remember that tacit renewal no longer exists, so in these cases you can decide whether to renew or change company in the event of unexpected increases not envisaged in the written communication on the deadline, which you must receive at least 30 days before. But now let’s move on to a slightly different case.

To learn more read also how the merit classes work .

RCA tariff increase: how to protect yourself

If you have encountered an increase due to the worsening of the merit class despite not having caused any accidents, you should know that you have the right to file a claim with the request for the recalculation of the premium to be paid .

The insurance is obliged to answer you and if you are not satisfied you can contact the Ivass ( Insurance Supervisory Institute ) to fill in the appropriate complaint form and continue the procedure.

Always remember that it is important to have the risk certificate rectified because the consequences of an accident never caused will affect your insurance premium even if you change company when it expires.

In fact, the so-called insurance malus must be present on your “report card” as a driver only in the case of an accident that you have really caused, and not because of some “crafty” who attributes the damage to you for fraud.


Leave a Comment