Over the years, more and more printers have entered the homes of users, for business or comfort reasons. In fact, nowadays, it only takes a few clicks to print a document from your PC. The most recent printers are perfectly compatible with Windows 10, precisely to give users a complete and pleasant user experience.
But, then, why can there be printer malfunctions ? Unfortunately it is an event that should not be underestimated, especially if you are dealing with an outdated printer. For this purpose, we at ChimeraRevo have created an ad hoc guide to help you solve the annoying case in which a printer does not work with Windows 10 .
How to print from a smartphone
- Use the troubleshooter
- Reinstall the drivers
2.1. Automatic installation
2.2. Manual installation
2.3. Download the drivers from the Internet
- Use PaperCut Mobility Print
Use the troubleshooter
The first piece of advice we give you is to try to solve the problem using the Windows troubleshooter . In fact, the Microsoft operating system makes this tool available for any type of problem that may arise for users.
Using it is very simple:
- Open Windows 10 Settings
- Continue on Update and security
- On the next screen, in the sidebar on the left, click on Troubleshoot , then on Additional Troubleshooter Tools
- At this point, all you have to do is click on Printer and then on Run the troubleshooter
- After a thorough scan by the operating system, you will be presented with feedback which, in most cases, contains the problem
- Later, you can try to solve the problem by once again relying on the operating system and letting it work
- If everything went well, you should have solved the problem
Reinstall the drivers
However, the Windows troubleshooter may not always meet your needs. In this case, it will be necessary to continue differently, going to act on the drivers , in different ways.
When installing any supported device, Windows 10 automatically downloads and installs its drivers to ensure greater compatibility.
- Connect the printer to the PC (via cable or Wi-Fi)
- Go to Windows 10 Settings
- Go to Devices> Printers and Scanners> Add a Printer or Scanner
- As soon as your printer name appears, click Add
- At this point, Windows will search for a compatible driver and install it
If the automatic installation did not give the desired results, you can continue with the manual installation of a driver.
on offer on Amazon
- Start the driver installation by opening the executable contained on the CD and following the wizard
- Subsequently, at the end of the installation, open the Settings and go to Devices> Printers and scanners verifying the actual presence of your printer
Download the drivers from the Internet
Don’t have the CD containing the drivers handy? Not bad, as it is also possible to install them following an alternative procedure . In fact, by manually downloading the drivers from the network it is possible to solve the problem in a few simple steps.
- Connect the printer to the PC via USB cable (as explained in the previous chapter)
- Open your browser and search for the drivers of your interest (just type ” printer driver – printer name “)
- Usually, the downloaded file is compressed , so you will need to unzip them in a folder of your choice
- Once this is done, in the Windows 10 search bar, type Control Panel and start the recommended app
- Continue on Add Device , in the Hardware and Sound section
- Click on the detected printer and select the folder for installing the drivers
- If everything went well, you should have solved the problem and the printer should appear among the devices
Use PaperCut Mobility Print
Another possible solution could be that of using an alternative printing service. Among the various services offered on the Web, we recommend PaperCut Mobility Print , which can be downloaded for free from the official website .
By installing PaperCut Mobility Print, you will have the ability to create a print server that can be used with any Windows compatible printer manufactured from 2001 onwards. Furthermore, by installing the client, it will be possible to print both from your PC and from other devices connected to the local network. Using PaperCut Mobility Print is really simple: once you have downloaded and installed the program on your computer, all you have to do is follow the instructions on the screen and connect your printer.
Doubts or problems? We help you
Remember to subscribe to our Youtube channel for videos and other reviews. If you want to stay up to date, subscribe to our Telegram channel and follow us on Instagram . If you want to receive support for any questions or problems, join our Faceboo k community or contact us on Instagram . Don’t forget that we have also created a search engine full of exclusive coupons and the best promotions from the web!