If you are still one of those who believe that your company does not need to have a presence on social networks, or that it is only for personal use, or you do not see it as a business marketing tool, you are missing the opportunity to communicate with your customers directly , to increase brand recognition, to attract potential customers…. In short, you are not going to take advantage of the full potential to increase your sales.
What are you going to improve with the use of social networks?
One of the compelling reasons to use social networks is that almost 60% of the world population and is to in l ine , and the latest trends suggest that more than half of the population of the uses world social networks in 2020 That means that your product / service has no borders and in a very simple way can reach any corner and that there is a percentage of people who discover new products through this type of platform. In this graph we can see how the use of different social networks has evolved both in Spain and in the world in recent years:
Source: DIGITAL IN Annual Report 2020
On the other hand, if you share quality content, increasing to s tr AFICO to your web ; This demonstrates the importance of lead generation since social media simply offers a way for potential customers to express interest.
You are what you post.
Improve the brand image, social networks allow us to humanize the brand and manage our reputation, communicate with our followers / clients more closely, make ourselves better known by choosing the platforms of our audience. Another of the great advantages is the customer service that we can offer, answering immediately any message, question or comment. This allows us to respond both to those who congratulate or praise us, by means of thanks; as if they criticize us, answering with explanations or apologies if necessary or even giving your version before a hoax or something that is being said and is not true.
Read also: Do the “likes” of social networks influence business communication?
You can get informació n of your target audience. Social networks provide us with very detailed information regarding age, lifestyle, place of origin, preferences, opinions … It allows us to monitor the conversations that our brand provokes, gauge the feeling. And it also gives us a lot of information about our competition and being aware of all the news in our sector. The better we know our audience, the better we can adapt our communication strategy on social networks.
Low cost advertising, campaigning on social networks is a much cheaper way and allows us to segment very well according to our objectives.
But not all social networks are for all companies, before deciding on the social network in which we want to be, we have to analyze our sector and our public since it is not about being for being, but where our audience is. In this graph we can see the social networks with the most users at the beginning of this year:
According to the data in this report, we can draw the following conclusions about the trends of Spanish users on social networks:
- In Spain there is great interest in audiovisual content (YouTube). The ranking presented by the report shows that YouTubecontinues to be the most used social network by Spaniards. The most active users are teenagers.
- Facebookin Spain, according to data from the company itself, has lost more than two million users compared to 2019, that is, it is at levels of 2015. The profile of users is getting older, now being between 40 and 64 years. Women are the most active users.
- Twitteris a network that has also lost audience, but activity has grown, that is, there are fewer users but they are more active.
- Instagramcontinues to have a user growth of 6% making it a stable social network. Most users are between 18 and 39 years old, but more and more users between 40 and 65 years are joining.
- The novelty, Tik Tok,is the one that is giving the most to talk about. Audiovisual content in short format which makes it the Generation Z network, which tend to communicate through networks that are fast, easy and ephemeral. We will have to see how it evolves.