A person is found to have taken poison. What action should be taken if it is known what poison has been taken ?

The first thing to do is to send for the doctor. Failing his arrival, the first aim is to get the poison out of the
system as quickly as possible. This may be done by giving an emetic of mustard and water, or a fairly strong
solution of salt, or warm greasy water. In addition the throat may be irritated by means of a feather or the
finger tips.In certain cases it would be unwise to ad-minister an emetic, for example, when poisoning is
caused by mineral acids, etc., which corrode the stomach. Medical advice must be obtained in such cases.


by Abdullah Sam
I’m a teacher, researcher and writer. I write about study subjects to improve the learning of college and university students. I write top Quality study notes Mostly, Tech, Games, Education, And Solutions/Tips and Tricks. I am a person who helps students to acquire knowledge, competence or virtue.

Leave a Comment