It is very important for a pregnant woman to eat a nutritious diet, so that the full development of the unborn child can occur. Women do not have any health related problems during childbirth by taking nutritious foodNor difficulty in breastfeeding the infant after delivery. During pregnancy, women need more than about 300 calories a day.
Nutritious diet during pregnancy –
- Eating fruits and green leafy vegetables is beneficial for the pregnant woman.
- Protein-rich foods such as meat, fish, poultry, pulses, milk should be taken in plenty.
- Carbohydrate-rich foods like bread, rice, potatoes, oatmeal, pasta etc. are beneficial for the pregnant woman.
- A pregnant woman should eat a fat-rich diet like ghee, butter, oily food, cream etc. But all this should be taken in small quantities.
- Dairy products like milk, cheese, cheese and curd are very beneficial during pregnancy . Calcium is found in it.