Welcome to our guide to New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe , where we will discover how to get the best hidden secrets of this hilarious 2D platform adventure starring the most famous plumber in the world of video games.
Tips to start playing
- If you do not have a lot of experience in the genre and it is difficult for you to advance, you may be interested in trying to play with Toadette or Caco Gazapo, two characters that make the adventure much easier.
- Play New Super Mario Bros. U first. New Super Luigi U is much more difficult and challenging, so it is recommended to leave it until the end.
- Keep in mind that although playing cooperatively is usually much more fun, it also makes the game much more difficult, since your teammates will become obstacles and if you don’t synchronize well you can end up losing many lives because of them.
- When you play multiplayer and see that you are about to lose a life, if you are fast enough to get into a pomp, you can be saved, although you will need your friends to rescue you. This tactic is also very good for those moments when you fall far behind.
- Practice wall jumping, it will allow you to get to many places, discover secrets and even cut corners. It will also save your life in more than one situation.
- The flying squirrel costume is one of the most useful in the whole game for open stages where there is a lot of platform. If such a level costs you a lot, this transformation will be of great help to you.
- Focus first on passing the gameto unlock the ability to save at any time. Once you have this, hunting for secrets will carry fewer risks and become more enjoyable.
- Remember that there are some screens with secret exitsthat will take us to new hidden levels. These are very well hidden, so explore each level well.
- Always try to reach the end of the phases with Yoshi or with a Yoshi babyto get an extra life. If you touch the end of level flag at the highest point, you will also receive an additional life.
- In New Super Luigi U you will have very little time to complete each level, so try not to be entertained!
- If you lose many lives in the same level, a special block will appear that will pass the phase for you if you touch it, allowing you to continue the adventure. Of course, the screen will be marked as “not completed” on the general map.
- The game includes a video sectionwhere they will teach you some very interesting tricks to obtain many additional lives with little effort. Don’t hesitate to check them out.