Surely you’ve heard in the last days of the ketogenic food or food Keto. Well, do not think that we are talking about a new category of next generation food. Ketogenic foods are nothing more than the foods allowed on the Ketogenic Diet, a low-carb, high-fat eating plan that offers many health benefits. Do you want to know more about the Keto Diet and what is the list of allowed ketogenic foods?
What is the ketogenic diet?
Dieting with ketogenic foods means eating fewer carbohydrates and replacing them with fat. In this way, the body is forced to extract energy from fat and not from hydrated carbon as it usually does. In this way, the body becomes much more efficient, bringing with it countless health benefits.
Keto Diet Benefits
Helps to lose weight
With the Ketogenic Diet you burn almost all the fat you eat, hence there is loss of appetite and with it comes weight loss. In addition, one of the advantages of those who seek to lose a kilo is that with this type of diet it is not necessary to count calories.
The effectiveness of the Ketogenic Diet is assured, in fact, there are many who have experienced its effects, that the loss of kilos is much faster than a low-fat diet and that it is also easier to maintain a healthy weight, so it is not there are risks of suffering the dreaded rebound effect.
In addition, there is no drawback that it can be combined with intermittent fasting, in fact, the effect of both practices can accelerate and intensify weight loss.
Ideal for diabetics
The Keto Diet is very positive for diabetics because it helps reduce sugar levels and stabilizes them. In addition, it improves insulin sensitivity.
Treatment of mental illness
There are many scientific studies that show a direct relationship between the Ketogenic Diet and some mental illnesses. In fact, for some years now this type of diet has been part of the treatment of childhood epilepsy in which no side effects have been detected.
Other diseases in which the Keto Diet also has a lot to contribute is in the treatments of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, since in a state of ketosis, the liver transforms the ingested fats into energy that directly feeds the brain.
Foods allowed on the Keto Diet
And now that you know what ketosis and the Ketogenic Diet consist of, you are probably wondering what foods are allowed. Now you are going to see that practicing this type of diet is as easy as eating:
- Meat : Especially red meats, ham, sausages and some white meats, such as chicken and turkey.
- The fish you should eat are those with the highest fat content. This is the case with salmon, trout, tuna and mackerel.
- The eggs are rich in omega 3, so it is a permitted food in the diet Keto.
- Believe it or not, butter is also allowed in this type of diet.
- Like fatty cheeses, such as cheddar, goat, creamy, blue or mozzarella.
- Nuts and seeds are especially beneficial, especially flax, pumpkin, and chia seeds.
- Extra virgin olive oil cannot be missing from this diet. But also the coconut and even the avocado.
- Fruits are not included in the list of allowed foods, except avocado, either whole or in homemade guacamole.
- The same happens with vegetables, it is not the type of food that is most consumed in the ketogenic diet, except for green vegetables, tomatoes, onions and peppers