As a Muslim, certainly no stranger to hear the term umrah. This term in Islamic religious knowledge is also often juxtaposed with the term hajj. This is because these two things, especially the pilgrimage to be one of the pillars of the pillars of Islam and must be done (for those who are able).
Now, for this opportunity, we will learn about what is meant by the Umrah and what are the conditions, harmony, and obligatory Umrah, and what activities a person does when carrying out Umrah.
Chapter List ☰
Understanding Umrah Worship and Umrah Law
This Umrah is to perform the order to visit or visit the House (Kaaba) with the purpose of worship, with the terms and conditions already established. The law of performing this Ummah worship for a Muslim is fardhu’ain . At least once in his life. As explained in the letter of al-Baqarah verse 196 below
و .تِمُّواْ ْلۡحَجَّ وَٱلۡعُمۡرَةَ لِلَّهِۚ…. ١٩٦
“And complete the pilgrimage and the umrah worship of you all just for Allah …”
Also in a hadith, which describes’ A’ishah. asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), about a woman’s jihad.
O Messenger of God, to women is a struggle? He said: “Yes, they have jihad, and there is no fighting in it: Hajj and Umrah” (Narrated by Ibn Majah)
“O Messenger of Allah, is there any obligation for women to jihad?” Then the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), replied: “No, they are also entitled to jihad, but their jihad is not capable of shedding blood. Their Jihad is to perform Hajj and Umrah ”(HR. Ibn Majah)
Related article: Knowing What is Finding (Luqathah)
Conditions for Performing Umrah Worship
In a worship of course there are certain conditions that must be met for the person who performs them. So is this Umrah worship. Actually the terms of performing this umrah are the same as when we perform the pilgrimage:
- Common sense
- Reach baligh age (adult)
- Independent (not in the control of others, or often called a slave)
- Has birth and inner ability
Pillars in Performing Umrah Worship
The tenets of this umrah are something that cannot be ignored, and when one leaves this pillar one will be fined ( dam ). The rules are:
- Ihram is accompanied by intention (for umrah)
- Doing thawaf (walking around the Ka’bah)
- Do some sailingor running around Shafa and Marwa.
- Cut hair at least three strands
- Perform all the above activities in order or orderly
Obligations to be fulfilled for the worship of the umrah. The obligatory umrah has two, namely; Ihram is from the pre-established miqat and abstains from all the restrictions of the umrah, which is the same as the prohibition of Hajj.
Regarding the miqat for performing this umrah worship is also divided into two:
- Miqat zamani(deadline) which means a restriction on a person who wishes to perform umrah worship based on the conditions of time or time. For the limits of miqat zamani in performing umrah worship is either yearly or indefinite (may be at any time)
- Miqat wind(the limit of the sanctuary). To menyekaliguskan means to limit someone to perform Hajj or Umrah by the arrival of a (local). For a hqat in the case of umrah this is the same as a pilgrimage, and it is already established.
For example, for people who depart Umrah from Indonesia, India, Yemen, and other parallel countries. So the miqat is on Yalamlam Hill.
However, it may be different when an Indonesian citizen who landed in Madinah more and paused there, then miqat Indonesian citizens are already equal to miqat- its population that is Dzulhulaifah or Birr Madina Ali.
Procedures and Activities when Performing Umrah
In carrying out this Umrah, there are certainly procedures which need attention. Because it is one of the means to draw closer to Allah Almighty. This procedure is very important, in addition to maintaining our good ethics, also as an effort so that our worship can also take place in an orderly and neat. The procedures that are also related to various activities when performing Umrah are:
- First wash., That is, with a bath (such as a large bath) and ablution.
- Wearing ihram and sunnah prayers is a two way ritual and extended prayer.
- The intention of performing the umrah is from their respective miqat. As for the intention of the umrah is almost the same as the intention of the pilgrim, only at the end of the sentence is replaced by lafadz ‘ umratan. As follows:
لَةًبّيْكَ اللّهُمَّ عُمْرَةً
“I fulfill your call, O Allaah, to fulfill the umrah”
- Enhance reading talbiyah. As in performing pilgrimage:
لَبَّيْكَ اللَّهُمَّ لَبَّيْكَ, لَبَّيْكَ لا شَرِيكَ لَكَ لَبَّيْكَ
( Labbaikalloohumma Labbaik, labbaika laa syariika laka labbaik, innal hamda wanni’mata laka wal mulk, laa syariika lak (a) )
- Hurry to the Sacred Mosque
- Do the thawafseven times. It starts and ends at the corner of the Beat Aswad.
- After thawaf theycontinued to pray in Multazam, then to the sunnah prayer in the backyard of Maqam Ibrahim , then the sunnah prayer in the Hijr Isma’il area , and then drank the water of prayer while praying before.
- Do Sa’i(jogging) for seven rounds starting from Shafa and Marwah. While reading the prayer sa’i .
- Tahallul, that is, cutting or shaving the hair at a minimum of three strands (for men), or cutting the hair as far as the tip of the finger (for the head). After that everything is done in order then one is allowed to replace his ihram with normal clothes.
Know the Functions of Umrah Worship
Umrah worship which is always performed by every Muslim in sequence and continuously in Baitullah without time limit, certainly has its own function, both for someone who carries it out or for other Muslims. Among others are:
- Promote unity and unity of other Muslims, across countries. So that they can establish strengths with each other in various fields. Good economics, education, social relations and others
- Getting to know Muslims from one another, both one country or different countries.
- Exercising one heart and one fellow man, for in performing this umrah worship all humankind have the same degree in the eyes of Alllah except his faith and devotion
- To receive the forgiveness and mercy of Allah Almighty, for all that He has done.
Thus a brief explanation of this Umrah, which for every Muslim can carry out at any time. Although almost the same as the pilgrimage, of course also has different features as well.
As for the regulation of the Hajj and Umrah, in this sophisticated era certainly each country already has its rules that must be met first. Starting from registration, payment until departure. So that it can regulate the wider community also makes it easy for everyone who will carry out this Umrah.