The woman is the center of the family. If she is energetic and full of strength, then the whole family is happy. And if not? Weakness and fatigue is a common complaint among women. It seems not sick, but not healthy either. Unpleasant state. Where does it come from and why does it develop? One of the main reasons is iron deficiency anemia, that is, a lack of iron in the body, which is characteristic of women.
- Iron is a key component of hemoglobin in red blood cells (erythrocytes), it is responsible for the transfer of oxygen to tissues, and therefore for life. After all, there is no oxygen – there is no life. Iron is also involved in the formation of immune defenses; without it, the thyroid gland will be defective.
- The main route of iron intake into the human body is through nutrition. Moreover, there are two types of iron in food. Heme – in meat and other animal products, which is best absorbed, as well as non-heme – is found in plant foods and is absorbed by only 10%. This is why vegetarianism is the first risk factor for developing iron deficiency.
- But even if you have enough animal protein in your diet, there is still the possibility of iron deficiency anemia. After all, the second reason for its development is the loss of iron, which occurs, in particular, with monthly bleeding. It becomes obvious why women are most prone to anemia.
- What to do? First, eat a balanced diet. Secondly, regularly undergo preventive examinations. If the hemoglobin level in the general blood test is below 120 g / l, this means that anemia has already developed and food alone will not help. It is necessary to see a doctor for the selection of modern iron preparations, which, fortunately, are readily available.
- Even more useful and interesting information awaits you in our video interview. Look, take our test and get the opportunity to win a set of cosmetics and a certificate for 1,500 rubles.