Google history won’t clear ? Here is a comprehensive guide on why Google history won’t clear and how to fix it.
Google Chrome is one of the most used browsers in the world, as well as the most complete of all. Browsing hundreds of Internet sites ends up leaving traces in the browser history. Google’s purpose is to use your browser history to simplify and improve our web browsing experience.
However, Google Chrome users sometimes fail to delete web browsing history, data, cache and cookies. In this article, we’ll walk you through specific settings to help you find out how to clear Google searches even when you’re having a hard time doing it from Chrome.
In the second part of the article we will show you alternative methods with specific indications when the Google history is not cleared .
- How to clear Google Chrome history
- I can’t clear Google history: how to fix
- Other methods on how to clear Google history
How to clear Google Chrome history
To clear browsing history in Chrome on Windows 10 or macOS, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Chromebrowser .
- Click on the browser’s three vertical dotsmenu at the top right.
- Alternatively, type in the address bar: chrome: // settings /and press Enter .
- Select P rivacy and security, in the left column.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- In the Basicsection , check the items: Browsing history , Cookies and other site data , Images and files stored in the cache .
- In Time range, select the item: From the beginning.
- Press the Clear Databutton .
Read also: How to see deleted history
I can’t clear Google history: how to fix
Some users have reported that the deletion process on the Google Chrome Web Browser goes into an endless loop. The Google developers admitted there is a problem:
“ We’re seeing a spike in feedback related to browser history not clearing. Specifically, the behavior is that once the deletion process is started, it runs forever with no completion or ability to stop / exit. We haven’t tried to reproduce yet, but we’re seeing a large enough spike that we wanted to file. Reports are currently only from Windows and OSX. ”
In practice, the developers explain that the browser history is not deleted and that the behavior, once the deletion process is started, runs without completion or without the possibility of interrupting or exiting the Chrome settings.
Other methods on how to clear Google history
You can try to apply the workarounds proposed below and see if this will help solve the problem.
How to clear Google searches with CCleaner
To clear your Google search history you can use the CCleaner tool . It is a cleaning software whose purpose is to make your PC faster through cleaning and maintenance, it is also able to clear the cache, history, password and other data of Chrome.
Once the software is downloaded and installed on your computer, select the Cleanup icon and analyze and clean your browser data.
How to clear Google searches with File Explorer
You can try clearing your Google Chrome browser cache using File Explorer .
Open the following file paths:
- C: \ Users \ YOURUSERNAME \ AppData \ Local \ Google \ Chrome \ User Data \ DEFAULT \ Cache
- C: \ Users \ YOURUSERNAME \ AppData \ Local \ Google \ Chrome \ User Data \ PROFILENAME \ Cache
In the address above, exchange “YOUR USERNAME” with your profile name. Clear the contents of the Cache folders and also look for a file called Cookie to delete it.