Virtually everyone has WhatsApp and we use it often to communicate with friends, family, to make video calls with coworkers or even strangers that we have to contact for any professional reason. But that makes the messaging app also full of trolls, spam, or strangers that continually annoy you. But you can block a contact on WhatsApp to prevent them from contacting you or sending you messages continuously without your permission.
You can block a contact on WhatsApp in just a few seconds and you will prevent them from sending you messages, sending you photos, etc. In addition, you can also report or report that person if you are continuously harassed or spammed. Or you can simply block someone you dislike or annoy you with forwarded messages, chains, photos and memes that fill your mobile gallery.
Why do we block someone?
Basically, blocking a contact on WhatsApp will prevent them from communicating with us through the messaging application. You will not be able to talk to us in individual chats, nor will you be able to see our profile photo, our connection time, or our WhatsApp statuses. You will also not be able to make voice calls with us or invite us to video calls. Keep in mind that you can communicate with us through groups of the application if you are in it.
How to block
You can block people from the conversation with that contact, whether you are talking or not. Good because it is bothering you, because you do not know that person at all or for any other reason.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the WhatsApp conversation with that contact if you don’t have it open or go to said chat window if you already have a conversation.
- Once inside, click on the three points in the upper right corner
- Go to the option “More …”
- Choose the option that india “Block contact”
- It will allow you two options: Block or report and block
- Mark “Block” and they will not be able to contact you again
In the event that you click on “Report and block”, WhatsApp will include this contact in the black list in case other users also follow your steps. It is especially useful if you need to report harassment, spam, etc.
If someone has written you and you don’t have their number, you don’t necessarily have to add it to your contacts to block it. When someone talks to you on WhatsApp and is not on your agenda, at the top of the screen you will see that there are two options: Block and Add. Click on “Block” and the number will go to your blocked contacts and they will not be able to contact you again until you undo this option.
Check blocked contacts
You may have blocked a lot of annoying people in your life or since using the messaging app and you don’t even remember who can talk to you and who can’t. For this, you can consult the list of all the contacts that you have blocked and you can decide whether or not to give them a second chance.
To check your blocked contacts, just go to the WhatsApp settings:
- Open the messaging app
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner
- Go to “Settings”
- Choose the first option, “Account”
- Go to the Privacy section
- Scroll down and you will find “Contacts blocked” and a number
- If you touch on this option, you will see who is blocked
Once here, you can press and hold the person you want to unlock them. So she can talk to you again or you can talk to her. Also from here we can block people en bloc if you want to “clean” your contact list. Click on the icon in the upper right corner and the complete list of all the contacts on your mobile phone will open. Once it is open, you will only have to touch the numbers you want to block, without doing anything else. It is fast and effective if you want to organize the application in just a few minutes.
How to block group
There are no specific ways to block a WhatsApp group, but you can prevent them from being included in it again. To do this, it will be enough to individually block all members of the group or those who appear as administrators. That way they won’t be able to add you. In addition, the messaging application has an option that allows restricting who can add you to groups and whether or not they can do so without your prior authorization. To access it, you just have to follow a few steps:
- Open WhatsApp on your mobile phone
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner
- Go to WhatsApp Settings
- Click on the Cuenca option
- Go to Privacy
- Look for the option of “Groups”
- Here you can choose “Who can add you to groups”
- My contacts
- My contacts, except …
- Confirm with the Ok button
How to know if you have been blocked
There is no exact way to know if you have been blocked on WhatsApp. There is no foolproof trick except asking that person but there are several things you can take into account if you are suspicious. What should we look for ?
- Connection time. It may simply be that a person has deactivated the connection time but it can also be a sign that you are blocked in the application. If other people see it and you don’t, you can keep checking.
- Profile photograph. Like the connection time, the profile picture may have disappeared. That person may have deleted it, but if other contacts in common see it and you don’t, you’ve probably been blocked.
- The main and easiest thing to know if someone has blocked you is to check the ‘checks’ of the messages. It may be that only one appears by mistake or because the person does not have the phone turned on but if for a long time that message is kept with a single check and never with two, this is the clearest symptom of blockage. Of course, it is possible that that person does not have the Internet or has his mobile turned off, so there is no infallible trick to verify that we are blocked or not, except for intuition itself.