Are you unable to use the remote control of your Fire TV Stick but want to see your favorite TV series at all costs? In this regard, I immediately inform you that you can use the Amazon home device even without its remote control!In fact, thanks to an application, which we will discuss shortly in detail, you can use your smartphone , Android / iOS, to navigate the Fire TV Stick in an equally simple way.
- Preliminary information
- Use Amazon Fire TV
2.1. How to set up Amazon Fire TV
2.2. How to use Amazon Fire TV
Before starting and showing you how to use your smartphone as a remote control for the Amazon Fire TV Stick , it is good to show you what are some important preliminary information, in order to better prepare you for using the application.
First, Amazon Fire TV is an application, available for free for Android and iOS, that allows you to remotely control Fire TV Stick / Fire TV Cube devices via your smartphone. However, you have to pay attention to some requirements before using the app in question. In fact, it must be taken into account that:
- The app is compatible with Fire tablets from Generation IV onwards
- The app is compatible with Android 4 onwards and with iOS 10 onwards
Before proceeding, therefore, check these few simple requirements.
Use Amazon Fire TV
At this point, we’re ready to see how to use your smartphone as a remote control for the Amazon Fire TV Stick. In the next few lines, in fact, we will show you both how to install and configure the application, and how to use it in the best way by taking advantage of its functions.
How to set up Amazon Fire TV
First of all, you need to install and configure the Amazon Fire TV app on your smartphone:
- Download the app, available for free for Android and iOS
- Wait for the application to install , then start it
- In order to set up correctly , make sure your smartphone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Fire TV Stick
- At the first launch of the application, grant the required permissions (such as, for example, access to the local network)
- Next, click on the Fire TV Stick name to which you intend to connect your smartphone
- At this point, a code will appear on the TV that the Fire TV Stick is connected to
- Enter the code in the smartphone, in the appropriate field, and wait for the connection
At this point, the smartphone will be connected to the Fire TV Stick and you can use it as a remote control.
How to use Amazon Fire TV
As you have surely noticed, the application offers exactly the same buttons characteristic of the physical remote control of the Amazon home device.
By pressing on the gear- shaped icon , located at the top left, you can directly access the settings of the Fire TV Stick or the “remote control” while, to access the apps and games available, just press on the icon in the shape of rectangles at the top right.
If you want to use the keyboard to type faster, you will have to call it up by pressing the appropriate icon at the top right.
To navigate inside the Fire TV Stick, just press the directional arrows located centrally on the screen and, to select, you can use the circle-shaped button (just like with the physical remote control).
In addition, I inform you that you can also take advantage of the voice controls to perform some operations. All you have to do is press and drag down the microphone- shaped button , located at the top, and make your request (for example Open Netflix), then wait for the operation of your interest to be performed.