Have you ever thought about how much you would like to play your PS4 games on your PC or Mac screen instead of on your regular TV? Well, if you have a PS4 or PS4 Pro model you can do it without any problem. You only need to follow the steps in this guide to be able to use the PS4 Remote Play function already integrated into your console.
It is not a complicated process and, in no time, you will have everything ready to be able to enjoy your best PS4 titles on your computer , it will be like having the installments you like the most of the console available at the moment on your PC or Mac. you take into account our recommendations, you can enjoy all the games you have for the Sony console in a totally different way .
What do you need to use PS4 Remote Play on your Windows PC or Mac?
Obviously, you will need these elements to be able to use this functionality successfully:
- Computer with Windows or macOS(check the “System Requirements” section).
- PS4 or PS4 Proconsole .
- A DualShock 4 controller.
- USB cable or USB wireless adapterfor your DualShock 4.
- Account registered on PlayStation Network.
- High speedInternet connection (at least 15 Mbps for a smooth experience).
- If you want to use voice chat you willneed a microphone (you can use the one that your computer integrates).
- You will need to have a PS4 system with the latest software updateinstalled (6.50 or higher).
These are the minimum requirements so that you can use PS4 Remote Play on your Windows PC :
- Windows 8.1(32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Intel Core i5-560M67 GHz Intel Core i5-2450M2.50 GHz or higher.
- Set[Video Quality for Remote Play]> [Resolution] to [Best (1080p)] and [Frame Rate] to [Best] on your PS4 system.
- 100 MB availableon your hard drive (or more).
- 2 GB RAM.
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024 × 768.
- Sound card.
- USB port.
In the same way, these are what you will need to use PS4 Remote Play on your Mac :
- macOS High Sierraor macOS Mojave .
- 40 GHz or higher Intel Core i5-520Mprocessor.
- 40 MB of available spaceon your hard drive (or more).
- 2 GB RAM.
- USB port.
How to set up your PC or Mac to use PS4 Remote Play
Once you know what the minimum requirements are for PS4 Remote Play to work on your PC or Mac , you only need to configure the application for your computer and take into account a series of steps that we will discuss below.
How to install PS4 Remote Play app on Windows / Mac
- Click on one of the download links belowto get the installation file for the application.
Windows PC Mac
- Save the installation fileon your computer.
- Run the file to begin the installation.
- An installation boxwill open , you just have to follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process. Do not worry if, during the procedure, you are asked to install additional software to enjoy remote use , it is perfectly normal, follow the instructions that you will see on your device.
How to set up your PS4 system
Before you can use PS4 Remote Play, you will need to follow these instructions to set up your PS4 :
- Enable remote play on your PS4in (Settings)> [Remote Play connection settings] and check the box for [Enable Remote Play].
- Activate your PS4 as the primary PS4 ™ systemin (Settings)> [Account Management]> [Activate as your primary PS4]> [Activate].
- You can start remote play while your PS4 system is in sleep mode, select (Settings)> [Power Saving Settings]> [Set Features Available in Sleep Mode] and turn on [Stay Connected to the Internet] and [Enable Power from PS4 from the network].
How to remotely use your PS4 system
- Turn on your PS4or activate sleep mode.
- Connect your DualShock 4 to your PC / Macwith the USB cable or via the USB wireless adapter.
- Launch the PS4 Remote Play applicationon your computer and click [Start].
- Log into your PlayStation Network account.
Keep in mind
- You will need to pair your PS4 and your computer manuallyif you have not activated your console as the main system or if the application cannot find your PS4. Connect your computer and your PS4 system through the same network and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Some games may not be compatible with remote play.
- For more information on audio input and output during remote play, visit the PS4 support page .
What to do when remote play is not available
In this section you can find answers to the instability or malfunction you may experience when using PS4 Remote Play:
- Remember that a fast Internet connectionof at least 15 Mbps is recommended.
- You can check the estimated connection speed of your PS4 byselecting (Settings)> [Network]> [Test Internet connection].
- It is preferable that you connect to the Internet via Ethernet cable, both on your computer and on your PS4, so that everything will be more stable.
- If you use WiFi, make sure your PS4 is as close to the router as possibleand that there aren’t too many interference or obstacles between the two.
- For a better experience, it is recommended that you disconnect any other device from the network.
- You can always try playing with a lower resolutionto experience a more fluid service:
- Windows: Launch PS4 Remote Play and go to [Settings]> [Video quality for Remote Play]> [Resolution]> [Standard (540p)] or [Low (360p)] and [Frame rate]> [Standard] .
- Mac: Launch PS4 Remote Play and go to [Preferences]> [Video Quality for Remote Play]> [Resolution]> [Standard (540p)] or [Low (360p)] and [Frame Rate]> [Standard] .
- The connection speed may vary depending on the network environment. For more information, you can contact your Internet service provider.
How to uninstall PS4 Remote Play on Windows / Mac
Keep in mind that depending on the operating system you are using, the names of the folders and the commands may not be exactly the same, but they are very similar.
Uninstall PS4 Remote Play on Windows
- You can go to the “Settings” menu and go directly to “Applications”or go to the “Control Panel”, visit the list of installed programs, choose the PS4 Remote Play application and uninstall it following the steps on the screen.
Uninstall PS4 Remote Play on Mac
- You will only need to drag the PS4 Remote Play application from the “Applications” folder to the “Trash”, right-click on the trash (or click Finder) and select “Empty Trash.”
All set, enjoy your PS4 games on your PC or Mac
Now that you have followed all the steps and you have everything ready, you can now easily enjoy everything that this application offers on your Windows or Mac computer. If at any time you have a problem or if you have followed all the steps on this list but the remote use of your PS4 or PS4 Pro does not seem to work as it should, contact the PS4 support service , no one better than them to help you with anything related to this service. And if everything goes well and smoothly, we hope you have a great time playing .