One of the benefits that laptops offer us is that they can be connected to various computers . This allows our laptop to become a second monitor, thanks to the option provided by Windows 10. For that reason, in this article we will teach you how to use your laptop screen as an HDMI PC monitor.
Your Laptop can become an HDMI PC monitor
If you want to use your laptop as an external monitor with other equipment, it is a bit more difficult than connecting it with an HDMI cable to another device. For this procedure, an HDMI connection cable will not suffice, since the laptop screen is attached to the computer.
Due to this, the laptop does not have extra inputs , but this does not prevent your laptop from being used as a projector for the computer.
Windows 10 has a computer projection option , which will allow you to relay information from the monitor to the laptop. In this way, your laptop can become a monitor, quickly and easily, but to achieve this you have to configure the laptop.
How to use your Laptop screen as a HDMI PC monitor
To work with this function, you will require at least two computers , in this way you can be guided by the steps that we will provide. Next, we will explain step by step, how to program the equipment that will act as a projector and the one that will receive the Laptop as a second screen.
First step: set up the screen of the desired computer as a projector
To achieve a correct configuration as a projector, on the screen of the desired equipment, you must be guided by the following steps that we will provide:
- You will have to enter the OS configuration screen, and select the right click of the start button.
- Then you must press the option “configuration”.
- When entering, choose the alternative “System”, and you will see a bar on the left side.
- There you should look for the alternative “Projection on this computer” and select it.
- Then you will get several options that you must configure to use the screen.
To configure this last option and be able to use the screen , we offer you the following steps, so that you can do it effectively:
- In the first option you must put “Available in secure networks” .
- Where it says “Available everywhere”, put the network you use, whether at home or at work.
- In the “Request projection on this computer” window, change to “Every time a connection is requested”.
- In the last window a PIN is requested to use this function, you can enable it in a personalized way.
- After completing these steps, you will see a switch, which gives you the option to use the Laptop without being connected. This is possible thanks to the LAN network connection. With this you can also share files and folders on a local network in Windows .
Second step: configure the monitor that will project the desktop
Once the first step is completed, we continue with the second, which consists of configuring the monitor that will relay the information to the laptop.
- First, we must connect the configured monitor to the Laptop, to use it as a monitor.
- Next, go into “settings” once more and select the right click, when you are on the start button.
- Press configure and go to “System” , once there, choose the “Display” option.
Third step: coordinate the projection with the final words
After the second step, you should go to ” Connect to a wireless network ” and select, and then take the last steps of the configuration.
- After having selected “connect to a wireless network”, go to the menu that will appear next.
- Now find your laptop and select it.
- It will then ask you for the PIN that we mentioned earlier.
- Enter the Laptop and allow the connection with the monitor and enter the password that the equipment will provide.
- After this last step, the screen will be accurately projected onto the laptop.
- This will allow you to work with a better visualization , in addition, that the Laptop has more storage than the computer.
We hope we have helped you. If you have trouble connecting the second display, you may want to remove ghosting from the auxiliary monitor . You can also consult Microsoft support to solve any of your doubts.