Videogames have ceased to be, in recent years, spaces intended solely for the individual recreation of millions of people around the world. They have become a space for digital socialization like any other social network.
How to Use Discord From the Browser on PC? What is it and what is it for?
The birth of Discord
In 2015 and with a view to following this trend of socialization in the gamer community, Discord was born. This platform is available for mobile devices with Android and iOS operating systems , with a version for computers that use Windows, MacOS and Linux operating systems .
What is Discord?
Among Discord’s comparisons with other communication apps , many find a similarity to Skype. Due to the different tools that it offers to its users, such as text messaging, voice messages and video calls or video conferences.
Something that can make this application even more attractive is the possibility of maintaining contact with the player or players even when they are playing a game of a video game through voice tools or video conferences.
Using Discord on PC
To start living the incredible experience between games and communication with people from all over the world, the first thing you should do is complete the registration process through the web version, entering the portal https://discord.com/ .
- Once you have entered the Discord website, you should locate, in the upper right part of your screen, the option “Login”.
- A new window will appear and, just below another login button, you can see the link to register.
- The rest of the process is quite simple, you only have to provide information regarding your email, the username you want for your profile and the password of your account.
Create your server
With your registered account, you don’t need much more to start enjoying the services of this platform. What remains, at this point, is to learn how to create or join a server . First, to create:
- You will be able to see a plus sign “(+)” on the left side of your screen.
- By clicking on this sign, a new window will appear with the options to create or join a server. In this case, you will click on “Create”.
- Give your server a name.
- Select the region (although it is usually selected automatically).
- Add an icon.
When you press the create button, a box will appear with the link or code of your server to start inviting all your friends. This code will expire the next day, although you can check the box so that it never expires.
Join a server
In the event that you want to enter an existing server , the process would be, initially, similar to the previous one. With the exception, of course, that this time you will click on the option to join instead of creating.
- You will find a window that will ask you for the invitation code to enter the server.
- However, if you don’t have an invitation code, you can go to sites such as Discordservers.com, Disboard.org, Discod.me, and Discordea.net to generate invitation codes.
Do I have to pay to use Discord?
All this communication service seems to be quite complete so far, it has very attractive tools for the entire gamer community. The interface is very easy to use and entertainment is guaranteed.
But … do you have to pay something? Fortunately, Discord is a totally free communication service , so you can enjoy all its tools without having to direct debit to any credit card.
Operation on mobile phones
In the Google app store, the mobile version of Discord has a very good rating of 4.2 / 5 and more than 100 million installs. Its weight is 63MB, it may seem somewhat heavy, but compared to other types of applications, it maintains a good size.
While in the AppStore it enjoys a much higher reputation, with 4.8 / 5. The size of the application is also something that varies on this platform (just over 118 MB).