Today, there are aspects related to the skin that do concern us, to a greater or lesser extent. According to Vichy Laboratories’ surveys on the occasion of its Healthy Skin Campaign, Spanish women are concerned about the dreaded wrinkles (28%) and imperfections (22%), followed by dull tone (5%) and shine ( 4%). Therefore, in this article we will focus on wrinkles and how to eliminate them with a simple, useful and cheap product, sodium bicarbonate .
Baking soda is so versatile that we can use it for cleaning the home as well as to lose weight or improve digestive discomfort . But what interests us in this article are the uses it is given for various beauty treatments, such as eliminating forehead wrinkles .
But not only does it allow us to remove wrinkles from the face , but its possibilities of use are many more. Among the best known is its use to remove facial stains or whiten teeth . Discover how to use bicarbonate to slow down the aging of the skin.
Baking soda to remove wrinkles
First of all, how should we use baking soda to remove wrinkles from the face? There are different alternatives, although all of them are used in the form of a mask. In this article we explain how the most effective bicarbonate masks are made to treat wrinkles, which you can also apply at home to show off a dermis without expression lines .
But first, we want to show you the properties of bicarbonate so that you know why it is so effective. As we have mentioned before, bicarbonate is a very popular product in beauty issues, as it has many benefits that help reduce the visibility of wrinkles and delay their appearance. The main properties of bicarbonate for the skin are the following:
- It is exfoliating,so it helps to eliminate dead skin cells, thus preventing the appearance of wrinkles.
- It also helps maintain the skin’s pH leveland its natural moisture.
- In addition, it helps the skin to be smoother and, as a consequence, the loss of firmness generated by the passage of time will not be noticed.
How to remove wrinkles from the face
Wrinkles appear with age and some bad habits, but these three remedies that we show you can combat and eliminate them.
- Coconut oil and baking soda mask
Bicarbonate to combat wrinkles is often used through masks combined with other products to complement its properties and improve its results. Also, the advantage of using bicarbonate is that you can make a homemade wrinkle mask yourself.
There are many options that we have, but in this case we explain how to make a bicarbonate mask with coconut oil, as it has a great moisturizing and rejuvenating power on the dermis. If you want to make this mask for wrinkles you need:
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Coconut oil
Preparation and instructions for use:
- The preparation of this mask to remove wrinkles from the face is very simple, because you only have to mix one tablespoon of each ingredientto get a kind of homogeneous and unctuous cream.
- Next, apply this mixture on your clean face beforehand with a toner, soap and water, micellar water or a similar product.
- Afterwards, apply the mask in gentle circular motions over the face and neck.
- Leave on for 15 minutesand remove with plenty of warm water.
- Bicarbonate and honey mask
Another homemade and quite effective mask for wrinkles, especially for the problem of fine lines and wrinkles on the forehead, is the bicarbonate and honey mask. These two products are very beneficial because in addition to the properties of bicarbonate, we must add those of honey, which provides great hydration .
Therefore, this mask is recommended for those cases in which your skin is rather dry, precisely because honey will provide much more hydration and improve its condition. Pay attention to what you need to prepare this mask for wrinkles:
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mineral water
Elaboration and application:
- First, dilute the baking soda in a little waterso that it becomes a smooth paste.
- When you have it, add a tablespoon of honey to that paste.
- Mix again until you get a smooth paste again and the ingredients are well integrated.
- Apply this combination to your previously washed face as you would any other wrinkle mask.
- After letting it act for about 15 minutes,remove the mixture with plenty of warm water.
- Bicarbonate and lemon mask
This is another of the various options you have to make a baking soda mask to remove wrinkles from your face. It is made in a similar way to the bicarbonate and honey mask, but in this case we will put a little freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of the honey. Although another option is to use all the ingredients together.
Mix well until you get a homogeneous paste and apply it on your face to eliminate the wrinkles on the forehead. In this case, the time you must allow this mask to act is somewhat shorter than the previous ones, since leaving it for about 10 minutes will be enough since lemon lightens the skin more than bicarbonate. Also, remember not to expose yourself to the sun while you have the lemon on your face, otherwise you will get spots.
With these simple tips and tricks on how to use baking soda to remove wrinkles from your face, you can now make the homemade anti-wrinkle mask that you have liked the most and enjoy all its benefits. And best of all, these natural remedies to reduce forehead wrinkles are not aggressive with your skin.
In any case, you can always consult a specialist if you can use a wrinkle mask made with these ingredients to avoid the appearance of unwanted reactions.