Keeping the Instagram app up to date allows you to use the latest news released by the developers.
Instagram, the social network owned by Facebook Inc., has recently introduced numerous updates that you may have missed. Having Instagram updated allows you to take advantage of advanced features that developers integrate with the platform to improve it version after version.
If, for example, we think of the first versions of Instagram it was not possible to insert filters or other elements in the stories . Thanks, however, precisely to the updates made gradually by the developers, many features added later have decreed the spread and success of this social network all over the world. A classic example was the ability to add music to Instagram when we post a story.
To combat the purchase of likes, Instagram has also released a recent update in which it is no longer possible to view the total number of likes placed on a post or photo.
For those who frequently use this social network, updating Instagram means being able to keep up with other users and have the advanced features (filters, music, tags, etc.) that the developers of the application gradually introduce to make it more captivating and fun to use. .
If you don’t know what you need to do to update Instagram to the latest version , read our guide.
- Instagram update on Android smartphone
- How to turn on automatic Android updates
- Instagram update on iOS smartphone
- Automatic Instagram updates with iPhone
Instagram update on Android smartphone
To update Instagram with an Android phone just open the Google Play Store . At this point there are two alternatives. The first is to type the word “Instagram” in the bar at the top, where the word Google Play is written . The screen will show the Instagram logo and, if available a newer version of the app that is currently installed on your Android smartphone, a green button with “Update” . Tap the button to start the download , then wait for the update to complete. Once Instagram has updated on the button you will see the word “Open”.
Alternatively, after opening the Google Play Store you can follow this procedure:
- Tap on the three parallel linesat the top left and choose the ” My apps and games ” option ;
- A list of all applications installed on the mobile will appear. You can automatically update them all in one go, or search the apps for the Instagram one;
- Once tapped on the Instagram entryyou will be directed to the application tab. Here, if a more recent version of the app is available that is currently installed on your Android smartphone, all you have to do is click on “ Update ” (usually this button appears to the right of the “Uninstall” item). If the latest version is already installed on your phone, you will find the “Open” button.
How to turn on automatic Android updates
To avoid having to perform the procedure every time on your Android phone, you can activate the automatic update of applications . To do it:
- Go to the Google Play Store;
- click on the three horizontal linesat the top left and look for the Settings item .
- Once in the settings, press on “Automatic App Update” and tap on one of the available items (you can activate automatic updates with Wi-Fi and data connection, or only via Wi-Fi).
Instagram update on iOS smartphone
If you have a device with iOS operating system (iPhone, iPad or Mac), you can update Instagram by following these steps:
- Access the Apple App store;
- Tap the search function at the bottom right and type the word “Instagram” and, if you do not have the latest version of this social network, the Updatebutton will appear ;
- After clicking on Update,the download will appear and the application will update automatically in a few minutes.
Alternatively, you can update Instagram on iPhone directly in the Updates section. Here the steps to follow are as follows:
- Access the Apple App store;
- Tap on the little manat the top right and scroll to search for the Instagram entry: press the Instagram icon for a few seconds to be directed to the application tab.
- Press the Updatebutton , wait a few minutes for the operation to complete.
By updating the latest version you can change the Instagram app icon on your mobile .
Automatic Instagram updates with iPhone
As with Android, the automatic update function also exists on the iPhone. To enable automatic app updates on iOS:
- Go to “Settings” (the gear icon) and select the iTunes Store and Apple Store item . To activate the automatic updating of the apps, move the lever of the App Updates item as in the photo:
If, on the other hand, you want to automatically update only the Instagram application, the steps to follow are as follows:
- Go to settings;
- Scroll through all the items until you find “Instagram” then tap on the application;
- Click on the lever with the Update backgroundgear as in the photo:
This way Instagram will be updated automatically and you won’t have to go through the procedure every time.
Well! Now that you know how to proceed with the automatic or manual update, all you have to do is find out all the news regarding the latest version of Instagram