Follow this guide to find out how to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi 11T. Most modern Android phones come with locked bootloaders, making it difficult to install custom ROMs, mods, kernels, or even enable root using Magisk. Fortunately, the Xiaomi 11T bootloader can be unlocked in a few simple steps.
The Xiaomi 11T is one of the best phones the company has ever made. It has good technical characteristics and a reasonable price. One of the main strengths of the Xiaomi 11T is its developer community. Xiaomi phones are easy to develop and the 11T is no different.
A locked bootloader is a barrier that prevents users from changing the software on their devices. Fortunately, the bootloader on the Xiaomi 11T can be easily unlocked. Once that’s done, users can go ahead and root the phone, install Magisk, and install custom ROMs.
How to unlock bootloader Xiaomi 11T
The bootloader is an important piece of code that runs before the operating system. He instructs the phone to boot up and find the kernel. In other words, your phone, and in this case the Xiaomi 11T, cannot boot without a bootloader.
For security reasons, OEMs pre-lock the bootloader. This makes the device safer and less vulnerable to manipulation. However, it also deprives consumers of the ability to flash ROMs and custom mods. As a result, the bootloader must be unlocked in order to perform any manipulations with the firmware.
- Download and install Xiaomi 11T USB and ADB Drivers .
- Enable Developer Optionsand USB Debugging . This will allow the computer to communicate with your phone.
- Back up everything on your phone if you don’t want to lose your data.
Unlocking the bootloader deletes all data on your phone. This includes apps, photos, videos, messages, and whatever is stored on your phone. Please make a full backup of important data before proceeding.
Steps to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi 11T
- Unlock your phone and open the Settings
- Go to System -> Developer Options. You will see a list of special options.
- Find the next option: “ OEM unlock. Allow bootloader unlocking “.
- Click the switch to enable OEM unlocking.
- Press and hold the power button. Click on Turnoff to turn off the phone.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open CMD / Powershell on your computer and enter the following command:
- If the terminal returns something, it means that the computer is successfully communicating with the phone. Now you can run the unlock command:
fastboot flashing unlock
- After you run the unlock command, two options will appear on the phone screen. Select Unlock Bootloader.
- press the Powerbutton to confirm your choice.
That’s all. You have just unlocked the bootloader on your Xiaomi 11T. When the phone boots up, you will receive a warning that the bootloader is unlocked. This means the teams were successful. You can now root your phone with Magisk and install custom ROMs