Chat applications are very necessary today. In them we can send messages, make calls and many other things. One of the platforms that people are using the most is Discord . In this you can make chat groups that deal with specific topics for people who are fans of a certain topic.
But the program for computers on this platform most of the time has problems and errors, which leads many people to uninstall it from their computers. Therefore, if you are one of these people, we are going to be showing you how you can uninstall it in the correct way so that it does not leave any residue in storage.
- What are the main bugs Discord is having trouble with?
- How to uninstall Discord App permanently from Windows?
- Where to locate the remaining Discord files on your PC?
- How to remove all Discord files from your PC?
- From system files
- Why won’t Windows let you properly uninstall Discord?
- Hidden Discord files
What are the main bugs Discord is having trouble with?
One of the things that we frequently expect on our computers is that some program that we have installed presents an error. And one of the most buggy programs is Discord . For this reason, we are going to be telling you what these errors are so that you are aware.
One of the most frequent errors in Discord is when you are going to uninstall this application from your system, since if you only do the normal process, there are still hidden files in the system and therefore you have to delete them manually .
You will also have problems when you want to install Discord , since your antivirus can detect it as a threat to the system and it restricts the installation process, so you will have to give it the permissions that the application requires.
Another of the errors that this program always presents is with the voice connection, since audio devices such as microphones will not work so that you can communicate with other people, so you will have to know how to solve it .
How to uninstall Discord App permanently from Windows?
One of the things that you are going to want to do to remove any bugs in the Discord program is to uninstall it. In Windows , the process to uninstall applications is very easy and does not change depending on the version you have installed. To uninstall it correctly you are going to do this:
- You have to enter the system control panel, here you are going to click on the option that says ‘Programs’.
- When you are here you will click on ‘ Features and programs‘.
- In the list of programs that is here you are going to click on Discord.
- Now at the beginning of the screen you will click on uninstall the program and it will be deleted from the system.
- Here you will find and open the task manager and mark everything that is related to Discord and then click on end tasks to finish the complete uninstall.
Where to locate the remaining Discord files on your PC?
After you complete the Discord uninstall process, you have to proceed to delete all the data that this program had stored on your computer. For this it will be necessary that you do it manually and so that you do not do many things we are going to show you the easiest way to find this folder so that you can delete it:
- To delete all the Discord data stored on your computer, you have to open the run command by pressing WIN + R.
- Now you are going to write the code %appdata%and you will click to accept.
- In this list of folders you will look for the one named Discord and delete it.
In this way the folder will be moved to the trash where you will be able to delete it later to get rid of all this data.
How to remove all Discord files from your PC?
Another thing you have to delete is the files that Discord has on your computer. If you want to do it you will also have to go to the folder that has all the data of that application stored . To go directly to this folder you are going to use the run command , this command is activated by pressing WIN + R.
From system files
As you already know, files are files stored in a specific folder that is in the system files . To go to the Discord files directly you are going to do this:
- You will open the execution command again and you will write %localappdata% :and you will give it to accept.
- Here you will also find the folder called Discord and delete it.
Then, to finish, you will enter the system trash and permanently delete all the files that have to do with Discord.
Why won’t Windows let you properly uninstall Discord?
There will be times that Windows will not allow you to uninstall the Discord program. This could be due to many reasons, but the closest one is hidden files. That is why you need to do the following .
Hidden Discord files
In case you are trying to remove Discord from your PC you have to go and delete all the files of the program before doing anything else. You have to press WIN + R and write %localappdata% : then you will press ENTER and you will enter a folder. Here you are going to remove the one that says Discord , then you can do the uninstall process.
If you have uninstalled the Discord app and it is still running, you should know that sometimes these programs have hidden files. These files are the ones we just taught you how to delete. It is very important that when you go to uninstall this application you follow each of these procedures so that you do not have problems later.
Another thing that you have to do when you carry out these steps to eliminate the program is to restart the computer so that all the processes that the program was still carrying out are completed.