Facebook is one of the most used applications around the world, with millions of users who upload content daily , from posts, photos, videos and much more. For this reason, it is very normal to see in the application that users speak different languages, therefore, the platform has adapted a new tool to translate publications or activate subtitles for videos.
However, this tool is generally activated and some users tend to find it uncomfortable to see the subtitles in a video that does not need it, therefore, below, we will explain how to deactivate the subtitles of Facebook.
- What options do you have when it comes to enabling subtitles on Facebook?
- The background color of a video’s subtitles
- The default text size for captions on Facebook
- The background opacity of captions on Facebook
- How to disable Facebook subtitles on different devices?
- Adjust your device settings in iOS
- Direct subtitles on Android from the application
- What options does Android give to hide subtitles?
- What difference does it make to disabling subtitles from a PC?
- How do I turn on subtitles on Facebook videos again?
- From your iOS device
- Activate subtitles with Android
- Follow the steps to activate them on a PC
What options do you have when it comes to enabling subtitles on Facebook?
When changing the settings of the subtitles, you have several options to edit them to your liking or preference , so that you feel more comfortable when reading them, whether you want them in a different color or a different size.
The background color of a video’s subtitles
If for some reason you cannot see or distinguish the subtitles during a video, putting a background on it would be a great help for this. This tool is very useful, some of the colors that you can use in the background of the subtitles are black, yellow, blue, green, red, among others.
The default text size for captions on Facebook
If you find that the size of the subtitles is too big or too small for you, there is no need to worry, you can edit the default settings and change their size . Whether you want to increase it by 10, 50 or even 100% in size, thanks to this incredible tool you can do it whenever you want.
The background opacity of captions on Facebook
On the other hand, if you like to use the subtitles with backgrounds, but you find that the colors are very strong or take up a lot of space, you can increase the opacity of them. This means that you can change the settings for the caption background to be a little more translucent or more opaque, whether you want it fully visible, slightly softer, or fully transparent.
How to disable Facebook subtitles on different devices?
Disabling the subtitles of Facebook videos is very easy and you can do it from any device , whenever and wherever you want. Performing this procedure will take a few minutes, you just have to follow the steps that we will show you below, depending on the device you use.
Adjust your device settings in iOS
If you have the Facebook application on an iOS device and you want to disable the subtitles of the videos on that platform, you just have to follow these quick steps:
- To begin, you must enter the settings of your iOS device and select the option “Accessibility”, followed by pressing “Subtitles”.
- You will be able to visualize the option called “Optional and deaf subtitles”, finally you press the “Deactivate” button, so that this tool is disabled.
Direct subtitles on Android from the application
Like the procedure to deactivate subtitles from iOS, in Android the procedure is similar since subtitles are part of the motor aid of mobile phones . In this way, and following these simple steps, you can deactivate Facebook subtitles from your Android device:
- Enter the settings menu of your device and look for the “Accessibility” section, where then we will go to the “Subtitles” option.
- Finally, we can see a button to deactivate the device’s subtitles, which when pressed will be automatically disabled on Facebook.
What options does Android give to hide subtitles?
From Android you can make the settings you want to your subtitles, in addition to hiding or disabling them, you can also adjust the size, blur the background and change the color . Furthermore, it is so simple to make these changes that it will only take you a couple of minutes to do it and adjust it to your preferences, in addition to enabling and disabling the subtitles whenever you want.
What difference does it make to disabling subtitles from a PC?
Unlike Android or iOS devices, computers or PCs do not have automatic subtitles built into their system , therefore, to disable them you must enter the Facebook settings. However, although the procedure is different, it is very simple and quick to do, you just have to follow these steps and you can complete it in a few minutes:
- Enter the Facebook platform and log into your account as you normally do, then you will go to the upper right corner and press the “Account” button.
- In this way, a menu will be displayed where you must select the “Settings and Privacy”option, and then the “Settings” option, which will direct you to the settings panel.
- Now you should go to the settings menu on the left side of the screen, then find and select the “Videos” option.
- Already in the video settings you will see the option “Always show subtitles”, where you can disable them by changing the option “On”to “Off”.
On the other hand, if you do not want to disable subtitles, but change their settings, you must click on the “Edit” option, right in the “Subtitles display” box. There you can change the subtitles settings to your preference, or simply deactivate or activate them as many times as you want.
How do I turn on subtitles on Facebook videos again?
If you want to activate or re-enable the subtitles of Facebook videos, you can do it whenever you want, following the appropriate procedure for each device.
From your iOS device
If after deactivating Facebook subtitles from your iOS device you want to enable them again, you can do it without any inconvenience by following the same steps to deactivate them:
- Enter the settings of your iOS device and look for the “Accessibility” settingsand followed by the option to configure the subtitles.
- Finally, when entering Subtitles, you just have to click on the “Activate” button so that Facebook subtitles are automatically enabled.
Activate subtitles with Android
On the other hand, the procedure to activate the Facebook subtitles from your Android device is very simple, you just have to repeat the deactivation steps :
- Enter the settings menu of your Android device, followed by selecting the “Accessibility” option and then pressing the “Subtitles” button.
- To finish, you must press or slide the “Activate” button, so that the Facebook subtitles are enabled again from your device.
Follow the steps to activate them on a PC
As in previous devices, the procedure to activate Facebook subtitles from a PC is very easy and you can repeat the steps to deactivate them:
- Enter the official Facebook platform and log into your account, followed by pressing the “Account” button, located in the upper right corner.
- Now, select the option “Settings and Privacy”and then “Settings”, so that you will be directed to the Facebook settings menu.
- In the menu located on the left side, look for the option “Videos” and click on it, where you will finally look for the box “Always show subtitles” and you will change the status to “On”.
After completing these steps, you will be able to see the subtitles in the Facebook videos again whenever you want, in addition, you will be able to edit the aspect in which you want to see the subtitles , be it the color, size or background.