By transferring your Signal account between two devices you can save valuable time setting up your new Android phone.
Messaging services have become a fundamental part of our lives thanks to the continuous advancement of technology. And although WhatsApp is still the most used app in the world, there are other excellent alternatives that have gained popularity, and one of them is Signal. This fantastic app allows you to communicate with friends and family no matter where you are, so you will want to lose your information if you change mobile.
That is why, to avoid that headache, in this article we will tell you the steps to transfer your Signal account to your new Android mobile without losing anything. We recommend that you keep reading until the end.
What can you export from your Signal account to your new mobile? ##.
By now you should know what Signal is and how it works, but you may be wondering what kind of information from your account you can transfer to your new Android mobile. The truth is that the transfer of data from one smartphone to another is quite complete. By moving your Signal account to another device, you will also take with you:
- Your chats and messages.
- All sticker packs, including custom stickers.
- All your contacts.
- The configuration of your account.
- Your PIN.
- All your downloads.
What do you need to transfer your Signal account to another device
To transfer your Signal account to another device, you will have to meet certain requirements:
- Have the Signal app installed on both devices.
- Both devices must be running Signal version 5.5.0 or later.
- You must make sure that both your old and old mobile are connected to the same WiFi network or that both have access to mobile data.
- You will have to have your Signal Pin handy .
- Access to your registered phone number, as you will need it to receive the verification code.
- If you meet all these conditions, you are ready to transfer your Signal account to your new Android device.
So you can export your Signal account data to a new device
If you have already met the necessary requirements to transfer your Signal account to another Android mobile, it is time to start the process. These are the steps you will have to follow:
- Open the Signal app on the device you want to replace.
- Scroll down to the Account section and select the Transfer account option .
- After downloading the app on your new mobile, you will be asked to continue or transfer your account. Click on Transfer account.
- Now, Signal will request access to your contacts and files. Review the information and select the option of your preference.
- On the Transfer or restore account screen , you will have to choose between transferring your account or restoring from backup. You will have to select Transfer from Android device.
- Return to your previous device and click on the Continue option .
- Press Continue on your new mobile and keep both devices close.
- The app will ask you for permission to access your location on both devices, press Continue on your two mobiles.
- When returning to the previous page, the two devices will try to pair, this may take a couple of seconds or even a few minutes.
- Now, connect your new device to the available WiFi network by clicking on the Connect button .
- You must make sure that the pairing code matches on both devices, if so, click on the Continue option.
- On your new Android, tap Continue with registration to complete the transfer process.
- Enter your phone number and select Continue, then press OK, you will receive a verification code.
- Enter the code sent to your phone.
- Subsequently, enter your current Signal PIN and press Continue. You will only need to do this if you previously enabled the log lock option in Signal.
- After this, edit your profile and click Next.
- Now you can start using Signal on your new device. You should also know that the app will be disabled on your old Android.