Your iPhone memory is full of a collection of photos, but you don’t want to delete them? Transferring photos from iPhone to computer (be it Mac or Windows PC) is the best solution. But if you’re looking for the easiest way to import photos, this article is for you!
I will tell you 8 easy methods one by one. So, let’s get down to the simplest thing.
How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac without USB
Follow the below methods to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac wirelessly.
1. Using Airdrop
This is one of the easiest ways to transfer photos from your iPhone to Mac without any USB cable connection issues. Let’s take a look at how to use Airdrop to transfer photos to your Mac.
Note : Make sure you have turned on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your iPhone and Mac.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Select a photo or video to share and click Share.
Click “Select” in the upper right corner to select multiple photos at once.
- Now choose AirDrop.
- Choose your Mac from the list.
- The shared photos will appear in your Finder window.
2. Using iCloud Photos
First, enable iCloud Photos on your iPhone. Here’s how to do it.
- Sign in with your Apple ID on the devices you want to sync data.
- Go to iPhone settings.
- Tap your name → iCloud.
- Select Photos and turn on iCloud Photos.
Then follow these steps on your Mac:
- Launch the Photos app on your Mac.
You can find it in the Dock, using Spotlight search (command + spacebar), or in the launcher.
- Click “Photos” in the upper left corner and select “Settings”.
- Go to the iCloud tab.
- Then check your iCloud Photos.
You can also follow these steps:
- Click the Apple logo in the upper left corner.
- Select System Preferences.
- Tap Apple ID.
- Select iCloud from the left menu.
- On the right, check Photos and iCloud Drive.
Enabling iCloud Photos on Mac and iPhone will automatically sync photos and videos between iPhone and Mac without using USB. However, after enabling synchronization, it can take up to 24 hours.
iCloud Photos always saves photos and videos in full resolution, and you can download them to your Mac anytime using the Photos app.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac via USB
Don’t want to sync photos from iPhone to Mac? Follow the methods below, including using good old USB cables.
1. Import into the Photos app.
- Connect iPhone to Mac using a USB or USB-C cable.
- Now open the Photos app on your Mac.
- Click your device name in the sidebar.
- When prompted, unlock your iPhone and click Trust to continue.
- Now select the images or videos you want to import to your Mac, then click Import x Selected.
- You can also click Import All New Items to bring the latest images and videos that are not on your Mac to your Mac.
You can now turn off your iPhone and use the same steps mentioned above whenever you want to transfer photos from your iPhone to Mac.
2. Using Finder
Did you know that you can use Finder to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac via USB? No, then follow the instructions to transfer photos between iPhone and Mac via Finder.
Note : This method requires you to turn off iCloud Photos.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac with a USB cable.
- Open Finder on your Mac.
- Click your iPhone in the Devices tab in the sidebar, then click Trust.
- Now click on “Photos” and check the box next to “Sync Photos to Your Device” from the following sources:
- By default, images will sync from the Photos app.
- You can also select a specific folder from which you want to sync photos.
- You can also sync all photos or selected albums.
- Finally, click Apply.
These were some of the easiest ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. But what if you have a Windows PC? Do not worry; we got you covered.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC
Transferring photos and videos from iPhone to Windows PC is not as easy as it is on Mac. But there are some simple methods. Let’s take a look at them.
1. Using iTunes
Before you start : Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. Otherwise, you can download iTunes from the Windows Store if your computer is running Windows 10 or later. Otherwise, you can download it from here .
- Open iTunes on your Windows PC.
- Connect your iPhone using a USB cable.
- Unlock your iPhone and click Trust to continue.
- Now click Photos on the left sidebar.
- Select “Sync Photos” from → Done → Apply.
Now all your photos will sync to your Windows PC whenever you connect your iPhone to your PC.
2. Using the Windows Photos app.
- Connect your iPhone to Windows PC with a USB cable.
- Click Start → Photos.
- Now select Import → From USB Device.
- Select the files to import to your computer and click Continue.
Note: You may need to enter your iPhone password and click Trust when prompted.
3. Using iCloud
This is how you can use iCloud on Windows to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows PC.
- Install iCloud on your computer from the Windows Store.
- Now open iCloud.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and click Sign In.
- Click Options … in the Photos section.
- Check the box for iCloud Photos.
- Select the Download new photos to my computer check box to download them.
You can turn off the download of new photos from my PC and shared albums according to your preference.
- Finally, click Finish → Apply.
Now the photos from your iCloud will download to your computer without any problem.
4. Using Snapdrop: An AirDrop Alternative
Snapdrop is a web app that replicates AirDrop functionality for third party devices. You can use Snapdrop to transfer photos from your iPhone to your Windows PC without connecting it to your computer or installing third-party apps. Here’s how to use Snapdrop.
Note : Make sure your iPhone and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Visit snapdrop.net on your PC and iPhone using the Google Chrome browser.
- Now tap the PC displayed on your iPhone.
- Select a photo and click “Add”.
- Optional: You can also use Snapdrop to transfer videos and files from iPhone to Windows or Android devices.