Has it happened to you that you try to install a program or run a game and you automatically get an error message that does not allow you to run the application? This is due to the operation of the antivirus in most cases.
Keep in mind that, if you have Windows 10 installed on your computer or laptop, you do not need to download Avast to protect your computer , since the antivirus and native Windows protection is more than enough to keep you protected. In addition, installing an additional antivirus will reduce its effectiveness and your computer’s performance drastically.
- How can I add exceptions in Avast from Windows 10?
- What should we take into account if we want to deactivate Avast temporarily?
- What is the correct procedure to temporarily disable Avast in Windows 10?
- How can I permanently uninstall Avast from my Windows 10 computer?
- Can only some Avast components be uninstalled?
How can I add exceptions in Avast from Windows 10?
The function that the vast majority of antivirus provides to make exceptions is vital and very useful for anyone.
Such is the case of those who visit a web page that is known to be safe, but due to security protocols , the antivirus detects it as dangerous and blocks it. That is why users are recommended to add exceptions globally as follows:
- Launch the Avast programand go to Menu. You will be able to identify this option thanks to the fact that it is represented by three horizontal bars. Once pressed, select Options.
- Then you will select General followed by Exceptions
- You will notice that at this point you will be shown a green optionwhich will allow you to add Exceptions.
- You can add the exceptions in different ways, such as:
- Write the full and specific path of the file or document to which you want to add the exception. You can also add a URL if you have one.
- You can click on the Browse optionand from there, do a search for the folder or file to which you want to add the exclusion.
The good thing about this is that it will allow you to have better control of the files and the way the antivirus works. While it is true that Avast gives you the option to remove a Trojan virus from a mobile phone , in many cases it removes files that are not viruses, but considers them this way.
Now, this same antivirus gives you the option to add advanced exceptions . In other words, you have a much higher level of precision. To do this, you must:
- Do steps 1 and 2 mentioned above
- Now you are going to select where it says Add Advanced Exception
- From there, you will choose which tab or type of exception you want to make.
- You can choose between a website or domain, Files or folders, or commands.
The good news is that each of these types of exceptions allows you to have better control. For example, in the case of folders and files, you can easily add an exception for a single user registered on your computer or for all of them at the same time. Similarly, you can set behavioral shields and file shields. Keep in mind that this is only part of the additional features that Avast gives you .
In the case of commands and web pages, the options are more reduced, but it still allows you to obtain everything you need to be calm and safe.
What should we take into account if we want to deactivate Avast temporarily?
The deactivation of Avast or any other antivirus installed on the computer will depend on the user’s needs when executing an action. For example, if you have real-time protection activated , executing a program or opening a simple file will be impossible, since the antivirus will detect it as a malicious agent.
So, keep the following in mind if you want to deactivate the antivirus:
- If you want to run or install a game, you must deactivate the antivirus so that it does not block the process and you have problems with the installation or execution. Although in general terms, it may be necessary to deactivate the antivirus when installingany program. What’s more, you should be careful when deactivating real-time protection, since it will be impossible for you to eliminate viruses on Android or iPhone once you connect it to your computer.
- Consider disabling the protection when you think it is necessary to exchange data with a Microsoft server or any other type of server that you consider safe but that the antivirus detects as dangerous.
- You must deactivate the antivirus when you have to copy a DLL file, either from a game or from any other program.
These are just some of the cases that you should take into account if you want to deactivate the antivirus . Of course there are many, many other cases, but you need to be completely sure you do this and know why.
What is the correct procedure to temporarily disable Avast in Windows 10?
In general, antivirus programs are restored automatically after being disabled, whether the deactivation has an estimated period of time, the same system activates it after restarting the computer, among others.
As for the procedure to do it, you have to:
- Go to the antivirus options and select Antivirus and Threat Protection
- Within this configuration, you will click on Manage the configuration.
- Now you are going to locate among all the options, Real Time Protection.
- To deactivate this function, just slide the switch to the opposite position to which it is and that’s it.
Once you do this, most protection features will be disabled, although cloud protection is most likely still active. If you think it is convenient to deactivate this function , you can do it too, although it may not be necessary to do so.
The good thing about this topic is that after installing an antivirus that is compatible with Windows , the deactivation process is very simple to carry out. In fact, you can take this same example to do it with any other antivirus you have installed.
How can I permanently uninstall Avast from my Windows 10 computer?
In case you have the need to permanently uninstall this antivirus from your computer , the steps you have to follow are very simple to execute. To do this you have to follow the following steps:
- Open Control Panel
- Locate the programs option and from there, select Uninstall a Program
- A list will be displayed with all the programs, arranged alphabetically,that are installed on the computer.
- Find the icon and name of the Avast.
- Select with a single click and an option will automatically appearat the top of Uninstall.
- Select this option and follow the steps that are shown on the screen.
This is the most common way to uninstall a program in Windows 10. On the other hand, you also have an additional alternative to this which is using the Avast uninstall utilities. This is a program that you must download and install in case you are having errors at the time of uninstallation. If you want to opt for this option, you have to do the following:
- Go to the official Avast pageand find the section that will allow you to download the Avast utilities.
- Once you’ve downloaded it, proceed to run the file as an administrator. To do this, you have to right-click and then select Run as Administrator.
- After this, you have to accept the account control permissions that appear on the screen.
- From here the same executable will ask you to start the computer in safe mode.
- By accepting this option, your computer will automatically restart to enter this mode.
- After you have entered the safe mode, you have to go to the exact location where Avast is installed. It is usually in the Program Files folder.
- Now you are going to select Avast Free Antivirus and then uninstall.
The program will act in such a way that it will begin to delete all the files belonging to Avast Free Antivirus . Once the process is finished, this is when you will proceed with the reboot of the system so that it enters normal mode.
Can only some Avast components be uninstalled?
It is recommended that, if you do not have the necessary knowledge, it is better that you do not do it or ask for help from a specialist technician. Similarly, you can find videos on YouTube that explain how to uninstall some components of this antivirus and not uninstall the entire program.