Next, we are going to see how to sync only some folders from Google Drive on my PC . This way you will have only the folders you want on your Windows computer.
Cloud storage is currently the safest method for storing backups or important files. One of the best services for this is Google Drive , which as its name implies, belongs to the internet giant.
With your Gmail account you can access this service for free and you will have 15 GB to store everything you want, as long as it is your property. You also have the possibility of acquiring payment plans where you can get much more space if necessary.
One of the great advantages is the possibility of downloading Drive for Windows and synchronizing the folders that you have in your account. In this way you can access the files you have in your Drive account as if it were a folder on your computer.
Today we are going to see how to synchronize specific folders that we have in Google Drive so that they appear on our computer. In case you do not want everything you have saved in your account to appear and you want to choose certain folders that will be useful to you.
It is a simple tutorial which, if you follow step by step quickly, you will have everything configured as you want to start using this cloud storage service. But you will also be able to recover deleted files from Google Drive .
How to sync some Google Drive folders on Windows
When we download Google Drive to our computer, we have the possibility of synchronizing some folders and not everything we have. In this way we can select what we want to synchronize. At any time you can change these options so you can try.
- The first thing you should do is download Google Drive to your computer and proceed to install it.
- Then you will have to look for the icon that is located under the right, next to the clock. It is called ” Backup & Sync “.
- Right-click on this icon shaped like a cloud and an arrow pointing up. A new window will open, you will simply have to click on the three points that are in the upper right.
- Then a drop-down menu opens, you will have to click on ” Preferences “.
- Now click on the second option in the left sidebar that says “ Google Drive ”.
- On the right side you will have to check ” Synchronize only these folders “.
- At the bottom you will be able to select all the folders that you want to appear on your computer and that are in Drive. Here you can modify this however you want.
- Once you finish, the only thing left to do is press ” OK ” just below the right to finish.
Synchronize specific folders with Google Drive on Windows
From what you can see, it is quite easy to synchronize the folders we want in Windows. If you want and want to synchronize everything, from the same place you can configure what is synchronized on your computer without any kind of problems.
This process can be applied as many times as you want, without any kind of limitation . Google cloud storage is remarkably secure and one of the best ways to back up our files.
The fact of having the possibility of accessing this service as if it were a Windows folder, makes things much easier when creating backup copies of everything that we consider important on our PC.
Remember that if you still have any questions about how to synchronize only specific Google Drive folders on my computer , you can leave it in the comment box a little further down.