When we begin to enter the world of clients by email , we can quickly realize that some of the most famous of the most complete in terms of features also.
In this sense we can cite, for example, the cases of Google , Gmail and Microsoft , Outlook, to the point that a huge number of users have accounts in both at the same time.
Now, from this situation, we can also find that, in some cases, it can be annoying to have to search our emails in Gmail and then in Outlook or vice versa.
It is for this reason that, in the following lines, we want to show you step by step that you need to follow every time you want to sync your Gmail and Outlook accounts , in order to check all the emails of one of them in one place.
And best of all, to carry out this step by step, all you need to do is have a computer, a stable internet connection and accounts already created in Gmail and Outlook. Otherwise, you’ll have to create a Gmail or Outlook account, the one you’re missing.
Synchronize Outlook with Gmail
Well, although as you will see below there are two methods we can consider in this type of case, we want to start with the simplest of them, which you can perform by following these steps :
- First, go to Gmail and turn on 2-Step Verification
- Generate a second password which is the one that Outlook will use later
- When you’ve done that, open Outlook like you always do
- Then go to the File section and select Add Account
- At that time, add your personal information like name, Gmail address, Gmail password, etc., on the Auto Account Settings page . When finished, click Next
If, while performing this procedure, you find that the system asks you to enter your username and password on the imap.gmail.com server, cancel everything and repeat the same steps we mentioned earlier, as there may be a typo .
When the information has been accepted, click Done , then you can sync both email accounts without any problems.
Synchronize Outlook with Gmail IMAP
In the latter case we have another tutorial that can be useful for those people who want a much more personalized experience when it comes to syncing their email accounts, so read on about it if that’s your case:
- Log into your Gmail account as you always do
- There, enter the gear button and go to Settings
- In the top menu bar, select the Forwarding and POP / IMAP tab
- From IMAP Access go to Enable IMAP and then Save changes
- After completing the above steps, open Outlook and go to File, Account Settings, Account Settings
- In Email, go to New
- Go to the automatic account setup page and add your personal information, such as name, email address and password
- When done, go to Manually configure server settings or additional server types and then click Next
- The next step is to click on the Internet Email option and then click Next
- You will need to enter your name and email address in the Add New Account section
- An account type drop-down menu will appear, which you need to enter in IMAP. In the Incoming mail server field type com and in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field type smtp.gmail.com
- Then log in to your username and password as they appear in the full email address
- Then go to More Settings
- Enter Advanced
- In Port number of incoming mail server (IMAP), type 993
- Then configure the drop-down menu labeled Use the following type of encrypted connection: an SSL
- Then in Outgoing Server Port Number (SMTP) type 587 and use the connection type encrypted with TLS
- Enter the Outgoing Server tab
- The following will mark the checkbox next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, choosing the option on the left which is Use the same configuration as my incoming mail server
- Then go to Accept, Next, Finish, Accept
Once you’ve completed all the steps we just taught you, you’ll have synced your Outlook and Gmail accounts , and while you can access them independently, you won’t lose some emails like before.
Plus, you won’t miss out on some of its best features, like scheduling an email to be sent in Gmail.
Have you been able to sync your Gmail and Outlook accounts with this step by step?