Instagram has millions of users who enjoy each of its functions, among the most popular is publishing stories, these in turn can be shared automatically with Facebook. But if you no longer want to share your Instagram stories with Facebook, this tutorial will explain how to stop sharing Instagram stories on Facebook?
Steps to stop sharing Instagram stories on Facebook:
- Open the Instagram application and enter the access data, username and password.
- Once inside your account, go to the lower right corner and click on your profile photo . ( You can easily change your profile picture ).
- Inside your profile, click on the three horizontal stripes that are in the upper right corner.
- When a menu is displayed, select the option «Configuration» , which is located at the bottom.
- In the “Settings” section select the “Privacy” option .
- In “Privacy” choose the “History” option .
- Once inside the “History” section you will see a series of options, go to the bottom of that section and look for the option “Share story on Facebook” .
- On the right side of the “Share story on Facebook” option, you will see a blue switch, that means that the option to automatically share stories with Facebook is activated.
- Move the switch to the left to deactivate the “Share story with Facebook” option; the switch should be gray.
- Ready! your Instagram stories will no longer be shared on Facebook.
If you want to activate this option again, you must move the switch to the right so that it is in blue, once it is in blue your stories will be automatically shared on Facebook. But you can also share Instagram stories on Facebook individually, that is, every time you upload a story.
How to share an Instagram story on Facebook individually?
To be able to share an Instagram story on Facebook either individually or automatically, it is necessary to link the Facebook and Instagram accounts ; otherwise you will not be able to share stories on both accounts. Here are the steps to share a story individually on Facebook:
- Create and post a story on Instagram. You can upload many photos in the same story .
- Once the story is created, click on the “Send to>” option .
- In the new section you will see your story at the top and below will appear several options in which you can share Instagram stories.
- In the “Stories” section, click on the “Your story” option .
- A pop-up window will appear with a message indicating if you want to «share your story on Facebook every time you post or just once; You will also see two options “Share on Facebook always” or also “Share once”.
- Select “Share once” , by choosing that option you will only share the stories on that occasion.
- Now click on the blue “Share” button on the right side of the “Your story” option.
- To finish, click on the blue “Done” button .
- Your story will be published on both your Instagram and Facebook accounts.
With these steps you can share an Instagram story on your Facebook account whenever you want, you will decide which story to share on both social networks, something you cannot do if you have activated the option to automatically share stories on Facebook.
Advantages of sharing Instagram stories on Facebook:
- If you have a business and you constantly publish stories on Instagram with your promotions and new products, it is ideal that you share these publications on Facebook stories because you will reach a greater number of users .
- You can run contests to encourage users of the two networks to participate.
- You can also take questionnaires on instagram stories and these will be reflected in your Facebook account and thus know the opinion of your customers on both social networks.
Do not stop sharing the content of your Instagram stories on Facebook sometimes, because if you limit your stories to only your Instagram followers, the friends you have on your Facebook account will not be able to enjoy the interesting and fun content that you frequently post .