For those users who own an Apple brand mobile phone , at some point they will have problems with their internet speed. This does not have to be directly related to the phone, but can also be caused by different reasons external to the device.
Today we will explain how you can solve an internet speed problem on your Apple phone or device. Likewise, before starting, we suggest that you read more in depth about how to measure the speed of your fiber optic and ADSL internet connection.
- What are the reasons why the internet speed slows down on iPhone?
- This is how you can wipe cache partition on iPhone
- This is the way to disable Wi-Fi Assistant on IPhone
- How to contact Apple technical support?
What are the reasons why the internet speed slows down on iPhone?
Although it is true that your phone or Apple device may be slow when browsing the internet, it is possible that this is due to a series of factors that we will mention below:
This is one of the main problems due to which the internet connection is limited and in many cases, it does not take advantage of the capacity of the bandwidth that you have contracted, this may be due to the following:
- The router has been updated and has acquired an unfavorable configuration
- The channel in which the frequency emitted by the equipment is located is the same as other devices around it. This can cause two wireless signals to overlap and cause the weaker one to be clouded, preventing you from connecting to the internet or browsing at the desired speed.
- The device receiving the WiFi signalis out of range or near the limit
- There is a kind of blockage or limitation that does not allow enough bandwidth to be obtained on the phone.
There may be more problems with the router that are causing the internet connection to be hampered. Based on the problems or reasons that we have mentioned, you can perfectly do the following:
- Enter the router configuration and see if there is a blockage or limitation of the internet for your mobile device.
- Stay within the range of the WiFi networkcreated by the router and place the same device in an open place so that the walls do not degrade the power of the signal emitted.
- Check the router after an update to be sure that the configuration has not been altered or modified.
- Change the channel on which your WiFi network is operating. This simple change can benefit you in terms of range, reception and browsing speed
As an additional data of the routers, it is vital that this device is based on the megabytes that you are going to hire. In other words, depending on the capabilities of the device , the ease with which it can handle a certain amount of megabytes may be better or worse. That is why it is vital that you know what the real speed of your WiFi or internet service contracted is.
Now we go from an external agent to Apple phones, to a possible problem on the same device. In general, and the most common, is that the internet speed is affected by certain applications that are running in the background.
The common thing is that the same user does not realize this due to the default configuration of mobile phones. However, you can control this either with third-party applications , or opt for the same phone settings.
The most common thing that may be happening to you is that an update of the system or other applications is being carried out without you noticing. You just have to go to the settings of your phone and among the settings, look for an option that allows you to limit the use of the internet or mobile data so that the internet is not affected.
One of the many apps that you can find in the Play Store is NetGuard. A fairly simple and practical application that any user can use without any problem. In addition, there is the fact that it is free and that the user does not need to have their phone rooted if they have an Android phone.
Although it is not very common, it may be that your phone memory is somehow affecting the speed of your Apple phone . Although in general terms, you should not worry about it but rather about the other points mentioned above.
This is how you can wipe cache partition on iPhone
The steps you must follow to achieve this are as follows:
- Go to your phone settings
- Now go to the General option and from there, select Storage & iCloud Usage
- You are going to click on Storage Management
- Now in Documents and Data
- From the elements that are shown to you on the phone, scroll to the left and then click on Delete.
Keep in mind that you can enter the system settings of your phone and locate the applications option there. You just have to find the apps that you use the most and clear only the cache.
It is important to bear in mind that if you delete the data from the application, you will lose absolutely everything that you have saved there . In fact, you can do something similar to speed up the internet speed on Windows 10 or Mac .
This is the way to disable Wi-Fi Assistant on IPhone
As we discussed at the beginning, applications consume bandwidth, which causes the internet speed to decrease . One of the main apps on all iPhones is the WiFi assistant. By default it is enabled, and to deactivate it, you just have to do the following steps:
- Go to phone settings
- Now select Mobile network
- Press on Mobile data
- Scroll down to find an option that allows you to disable the WiFi assistant.
How to contact Apple technical support?
Contacting Apple for service is so easy that you can do it from anywhere in the world. Of course, depending on the country you are in, you have to call a specific number so that they can assist you. That is why we invite you to enter the official Apple page and select the different phones according to your location.
For example, for the United States, 1-800-800-2775 has been enabled and Spain 900812703, but you must also bear in mind that telephone numbers may vary. In addition, it is important to point out that when making a call to Apple technical service, you will be charged a local and national rate.