How to sign up for Discord.
- Email verification
- Server creation
- Downloading and launching the messenger
- Messenger interface
Discord is a gaming online communicator for text messaging and audio communication. It can be used both on a computer and on mobile devices. Renowned for its reliable performance. Free distribution. According to many users and IT professionals, it is a worthy replacement for TeamSpeak (since you do not need to pay for a server!) And Skype for organizing communication in network games.
Advantages of the game messenger Discord:
- basic functions of the application will always be provided free of charge, according to the developers’ statement (only additional content at the request of the user is paid for: themes, stickers, audio packages);
- there is no limitation in creating servers on one account;
- reliable encryption of network connections between users;
- the server uses cloud technology, is protected from DDoS attacks, and is equipped with an automatic rollback system;
- availability of versions of the messenger for mobile platforms Android, iOS;
- the ability to quickly contact friends through a mobile application by sending a push notification (@mention);
- support for sending links, pictures, videos, GIFs via chat (activated by hovering the cursor);
- voice chat “does not slow down” the game (it uses minimal processor resources);
- the simplest installation algorithm, launch without installing additional drivers and preliminary configuration (optimal parameters are set by default);
- high quality audio communication (automatic signal level control, noise elimination).
In this review, we’ll take a closer look at how to create a Discord account, how to download and run the messenger on your computer and phone.
To create an account in the messenger system, follow these steps:
- Open the official website of the Discord application in your browser – discordapp.com
Attention! If the interface is displayed in a foreign language, click the “languages” icon located at the top right and select “Russian”.
- Click the Login icon (located next to the social media buttons at the top of the home page).
- Under the fields of the panel for authorization, click the “Register” link.
- Enter your full email address. Then a nickname and password.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
To get access to all functions of the messenger, you need to activate your account (confirm the rights to the specified email). This procedure is carried out quickly and easily:
- Log in to your email profile.
- Open the email from the Discord service. In the text, click the “Confirm …” button.
- In the opened tab, in the “Confirmation” panel, click the “bird” in the “I’m not a robot” box.
Upon completion of registration, when you first log into your account, you will see a system prompt to set up your own server to communicate with friends. To use it, do this:
- In the “Welcome …” window. “Click the” Start “command.
- In the setting panel, enter the name of the server, set the region (country) if necessary. And click Finish.
- Copy the link (“Copy” button) to access the server. It can be sent to friends, team members by any network means (by mail, in social networks, through other messengers, etc.).
Attention! If you want to make the URL for access permanent, click the checkbox in the option “Make this link non-expiring”.
Downloading and launching the messenger
On the computer
To download the installation distribution of Discord on your PC, use one of the links located in your account on the website directly in the messenger panel (the “Download” sign at the top and in the “Welcome …” block).
After following the link, select the installer version depending on the OS used (MAC OS X, Windows, Linux).
Attention! In the web version of the communicator (on the website), you can also invite friends and exchange messages with them.
The second way of downloading:
On the main page of the offsite, click on the link “Download for Windows” or go to the “Download” section (horizontal menu in the “header” of the site).
Run the downloaded installer as an administrator.
Wait for the initialization of the messenger in the system to complete.
Run the installed distribution kit and log in.
(on the example of a device with Android OS)
1.From the home screen, go to Google Play.
- In the search box of the online store, enter the query – “discord”.
- Open the download page, tap “Install”.
- When the download is complete, click on the same page “Open”.
- Start the messenger (tap the icon on the home screen).
- In the welcome panel, select Sign In.
- Enter the login (email) and password of the account registered on the site.
Note. The screenshots show the interface of the mobile version of Discord.
Once you’re signed in, you’ll see an Invite… button on the Everyone tab. Use it to create game chats, find your friends using the Discord messenger.
The sidebar displays a list of friends, your nickname in the system, as well as buttons for quick access to functions (settings, search, sending notifications).
In the “Settings” section, you can change your privacy settings, view your account information, and configure audio and video settings.
To quickly add participants to the chat, use the add user / users buttons located in the upper right corner of the panel.
Discord is the best option for keeping in touch with friends and coordinating actions in game battles. The messenger has a minimum of system requirements, decent audio quality, quick installation and launch. Everything a gamer needs for online communication during gameplay.