It is clear that it is not a pleasant situation, but the moment may arise when we have to sign a PDF and we are not in front of the computer. In such cases we will have no choice but to sign the document from the mobile phone . But, let’s not stress! It is a simpler task than it seems.
In iOS, signing PDF files is something that we can do simply by using the Markup tool that comes standard on all iPhones with iOS 10 or higher. In Android, things require a bit more effort, since the system still does not incorporate any native application for signing documents.
How to sign a PDF from an Android device
In the event that we are operating with an Android mobile or tablet, one of the most recommended options for installing Adobe Acrobat Reader . It is a really popular tool for reading PDF files, but it also allows you to do small editing tasks such as signing documents.
All this for free and without the need to switch to the paid version of Acrobat Pro. This is important to mention, since during the process it is likely that Adobe will invite us to try the premium version, which of course, we can reject completely without no problem (unless we are interested in, of course).
The good thing about Acrobat Reader is that once we have completed the process, the signature will be saved in memory for future occasions, which will avoid having to repeat all the steps each time we want to insert our signature.
- First of all, download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader from the Play Store.
Log into the app. You can use your Google, Facebook account or create an Adobe ID account from https://account.adobe.com .
- Once inside the Adobe Reader home screen, click on the blue “+” button to open the document.
- Select “Edit PDF” and upload the PDF file.
- In our case we have chosen a document that we had stored in Google Drive, although you can also select the PDF from the internal memory or from other locations such as Dropbox or OneDrive.
- Next, we will see a message in blue to start a trial subscription. Simply ignore the message and click on the “OK” icon that you will see in the upper left area of the screen.
- Click on the blue pencil icon that you will see in the lower right margin.
- Choose the option “Fill in and sign.”
- Click on the icon in the shape of a fountain pen that appears in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Now choose the option “Create signature”.
- We have reached the important moment. Write your signature with your finger on the screen. You can also upload an image with your signature or take a photo with the camera.
- When you have the signature ready, click on “DONE”.
- Tap the screen where you want to place the signature. The application will allow us to enlarge or reduce its size so that it fits correctly in the document.
- When everything is to your liking, simply click on the “OK” button located in the upper left area.
From here you can share the document or save the changes made to the file for your signature to be recorded. As we said a little above, now when we want to add the signature, by clicking on the option “Fill in and sign” the signature that we have just created will appear by default, and we can place it directly in a matter of seconds.
It is clear that the first time it is a somewhat slow process that can take us no more than 10 minutes, although later it is very practical.