Sending images through Signal is very common among the users of this social network, but surely you have wanted to send an image or photograph that only lasts a few seconds and disappears after being seen once, because Signal offers you this option as well as others applications such as WhatsApp and Instagram so that you can send images with an included timer that will make them disappear after the receiver sees them only once.
- How do you send images that can only be viewed once in Signal?
- How to send photos that are deleted after a certain time in Signal?
- In what other applications can I send disappearing photos?
How do you send images that can only be viewed once in Signal?
For the images you send through Signal to disappear right after being viewed, you just have to follow an easy and fast process, similar to that used in other communication applications, to achieve it just do the following:
- Open the app on your device and make sure you have the latest Signal update .
- Go to the chat where you want to send the image that you want to disappear after seeing it once.
- Open the conversation, locate the camera icon in the lower area and press it.
- Now the camera will be activated so that you can take the photo that you are going to send, if you did not send a new photo you can go right there to your images in the gallery to choose the photo that you are going to send.
- Once you have chosen the image to send you will see that in the lower left there is a small circle with an arrowhead, click on it.
- The number “1” will appear immediately on the circle, that is, it indicates that the timer for the image was activated.
- Proceed to send and the photo will reach your contact with the time limit to view it, since it will be automatically deleted after being viewed.
How to send photos that are deleted after a certain time in Signal?
If you have already downloaded and installed Signal on your mobile device , you will see that in addition to the option to send photos through Signal and that they disappear after being viewed once, there is also the possibility of sending images or messages that last a certain time in the chat and then disappear, for this you must configure the option to disappear messages as follows:
- If you want to configure that all Signal messages disappear in a certain time you must do the following:
- Enter the Signal application and go to the App settings.
- Click on privacy and select the option “Disappearance time of messages in new chats”.
- Choose how long you want the messages and images to last up to a maximum of 4 weeks.
- In case you want the Signal messages to disappear from a specific chat, do the following:
- Open the chat from which you want the messages to disappear in a certain time.
- Go to the options menu and select “Chat settings.”
- Find the message disappearance area and set the amount of time you want messages and images to disappear.
In what other applications can I send disappearing photos?
Signal is one of the main alternatives for chatting applications today due to the privacy guarantee it offers by not uploading information to the cloud , however the application to stay current in the market has similarities with other social networks, therefore the The option to send images that disappear after being viewed may seem familiar, as they are also available in prominent applications such as WhatsApp and Instagram.
For no one is a secret the innumerable problems that there have been with WhatsApp due to its security policies, for this reason many users have migrated to other options such as Signal that protects your information by protecting its backup copy on your device , in the face of such competition these applications maintain certain similarities such as the function of sending images to be seen only once, in WhatsApp you can do it as follows:
- Enter WhatsApp and open the chat where you are going to send the image.
- Person the camera icon located at the bottom right of the chat, just next to the writing bar.
- At this point you can take a new photo or choose one from your gallery.
- Once the image is selected, before sending it you must click on the semicircle that contains the number “1” inside, located right next to the send button.
- WhatsApp will show you a notice indicating that the photo was configured to be viewed only once and then you can proceed to send it.
- You will notice that the photo sent does not appear in the chat, but a message that says “Photo” with the timer circle on its left side.
Although Instagram is a different social network from the previous ones, it also offers the chat service through direct messages and has the option of sending temporary images so that they disappear after being viewed only once, with the difference that in this case the option It only works with newly taken images and not those in your gallery. To carry out this action, follow these steps:
- Enter your Instagram and go to the direct messages section.
- Open the chat of the person you want to send the image to that will disappear.
- To take the new photo that you are going to send, press the camera icon located in the lower left part of the chat.
- Take the photo and add the effects and filters to modify the appearance of the face you want.
- You will see three options at the bottom:
- See once.
- Allow to see again.
- Keep in chat.
Finally, select the option “See once” and send the image to your Instagram contact. In the same way, you will be able to observe that if you do not take a new photograph, but instead choose to send an image from your gallery, it will be sent directly without the possibility of using the single view option, that is, it will remain in the chat permanently.