Here’s how to watch RaiPlay, Rai’s free streaming platform, on the TV.
Have you subscribed to RaiPlay or are you about to do so, and would you like to see the contents available on the catalog directly on your TV? You are in the right place, in this article we will explain in detail how to watch RaiPlay on Smart and non- Smart TVs .
Managed by RaiPlay and Digital , RaiPlay is Rai’s video streaming platform that offers a wide range of contents , all of which can be used completely free of charge . It can be used both after registration and without any account (with some limitations), RaiPlay is visible on PC, Smartphone, Tablet and TV.
- How to watch RaiPlay on TV
- How to watch RaiPlay on Smart TV
- How to watch RaiPlay on non-Smart TV
How to watch RaiPlay on TV
To be able to watch the contents available on RaiPlay directly on your TV, you need to have a Smart TV or, if you do not have one, a compatible media player, such as the Google Chromecast and the Amazon Fire Tv Stick.
Before explaining in detail what are the steps to follow, depending on the type of your TV, we remind you that in order to have access to the complete RaiPlay catalog , which includes a wide range of on-demand content, the live broadcasts of Rai TV channels and the titles aired on the Rai networks in the previous 7 days, you need to register for a free account . Find out here how to register for RaiPlay .
How to watch RaiPlay on Smart TV
If you have a Smart TV connected to the Internet , you can watch RaiPlay either through the appropriate free application or from the blue button on your remote control.
Below, in detail, all the steps to follow to watch RaiPlay using the homonymous application:
- Go to the Appsection or to the Store of your TV
- Search for RaiPlayusing the appropriate search bar
- Download the app
- If you want to have access to the entire RaiPlaycatalog , associate your device with the RaiPlay account (we remind you that at the moment it is not possible to register an account from Smart TV )
You can choose to associate your RaiPlay account with the Smart TV in two different ways:
- By entering the data with which you are registered in the appropriate field
- Using the numeric code, which will appear on the screen, at raiplay.it/associa or on the application, in the Associa TV section
The latter method is necessary if you have registered an account using Facebook, Google or Twitter .
To watch RaiPlay using the blue button on the remote control , if you have a TV with HbbTV2 software , here are the steps to follow:
- Tune in to a Rai channel of your choice
- Click on the button corresponding to the color that appeared at the bottom right of your TV screen
- If you wish to have access to the entire RaiPlaycatalog , log in to your account
We also remind you that it is possible to associate multiple accounts for each TV .
How to watch RaiPlay on non-Smart TV
If, on the other hand, you would like to see RaiPlay on your TV but you do not have a Smart TV , you should know that you can do so using a compatible media player .
Here are some of the devices compatible with the RaiPlay application :
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Android TV
- Smart TV Box
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
After purchasing a compatible device, here are the steps to follow to watch RaiPlay using a media player connected to your TV and your Wi-Fi network :
- Search for the free RaiPlayapplication in the device store
- Download the app
- At the end of the downloadopen the application
- If you want to have access to the entire RaiPlaycatalog, enter the credentials with which you are registered on the platform
You can also watch RaiPlay from a decoder , if the latter is able to support the HbbTV 2.0.1 protocol .