Google is an exceptional search engine with which we can locate content and web pages of all kinds. If you want to find images, today we will teach you how to search for an image on the internet with the Google search engine – Step by Step.
The Google tool is exceptional, it even has the Google Sound Search song search engine and of course you can find images or graphics, photos and images of all kinds with Google. Although it is not an image bank, it is certainly one of the internet spaces where it is easier to find any type of graphic file.
What is the use of using the image search engine?
It is possible to search for and view animated GIFs in Google Images and also locate photographs and other graphic content. Something that can be very useful, in addition to this Google has evolved over time, bringing new options and integrating them into its great search engine.
One of these options is to search for a photo using an image file , which can be useful for locating the source of a photo or finding it in various sizes and qualities.
This tool is even capable of displaying similar images, as you will see it can be very useful if used properly. If you have doubts regarding this interesting Google function , read our guide.
How to search for an image on the Internet with the Google search engine? – Step by Step
In the event that you have found an image browsing the Internet and want to search for it using the Google images tool , you can do so very easily in the latest versions of the Chrome browser. If you have any doubts regarding this procedure, read the following:
- The first thing you should do is look for the image that caught your attention.
- Once you have found the image you want to search for, you just have to right-click on it and then click on the option ” Search image in Google “.
- A new window will open on the browser screen in which the image you have previously searched for will appear. You can click on the option “More sizes” to search for the same image in higher quality.
Keep in mind that you can also download a Gif file from a Google page , added to other formats such as the classic JPG, making this search engine an excellent option.
Search for an image on Google from an image file on your PC
On the other hand, if you have an image stored on your computer and you are interested in looking for it to find out its origin or find it in higher quality, the Google image search can be very useful. This process is very simple, and can be used with different browsers, although we recommend using Chrome:
- The first thing you should do is go to the Google website.
- Once there, click on the images section, so that Google will take you to the space where all the options related to photographs and images of various kinds are located.
- As you can see right next to the search and voice search button, there is a small camera. This camera is the one that we will use to locate the image that we have stored on our computer.
- Click on the Camera, the system will show us two options, one of them is “Search on the computer” and the other is “Search by URL”. This time the option that interests us is ” Search on the computer ” so click on it.
- When you do this, a menu will appear on the screen with which you can search for the image on your computer, just locate and click on the image to effectively search for it with Google.
- After doing this, the search for the image will be displayed on the screen. You can click on the option “More sizes” to see the same photo in more dimensions.
On the other hand, being on the lookout and searching / finding a specific URL on Google can help you find image banks on specific topics. Something especially useful to find more images similar to those of your searches.