Today we are going to see how to schedule a scan in Windows Defender antivirus in an extremely simple way. So that, in this way, it is in charge of examining our computer without us having to do anything.
Microsoft Defender is an antivirus that is integrated into Windows 10 and works flawlessly. Although there are better options when choosing an antivirus, these options are paid and are not exactly cheap.
Windows Defender is included with the operating system, it is free and is perfectly integrated into it, so it could be said that it has practically no impact on the performance of the computer.
In all, it is a fairly decent antivirus that does what it promised, it has a wide variety of interesting features that will help you protect your computer against malware of any kind, something that abounds on the internet.
It is constantly updated, something that is essential in any antivirus. Therefore, you stay up to date on new threats that are discovered. Likewise, an antivirus is never 100% effective. Therefore, to have better security on your computer, we must always navigate with caution and being aware of what we are doing.
For that reason, we are going to carefully see how to schedule an automatic exam in Windows Defender with this simple and quick tutorial which, if you follow it to the letter, you will quickly have scheduled all the analyzes that you think are appropriate.
How to schedule a scan with Windows Defender
Scheduling a scan with this antivirus is extremely simple. It is not done from the same options of the antivirus in question. If not, we will have to enter the Windows scheduled tasks in order to achieve our goal. But do not worry that it is quite easy to do it and we will teach you in detail below:
- First we are going to go to ” Start ” or press the ” Windows ” key on your physical keyboard.
- Next, you are going to have to type ” Task Scheduler ” and hit enter.
- Now we focus on the left sidebar, we will have to click on the arrow that is next to Task Scheduler Library> Microsoft> Windows.
- Then in the middle panel you will have to double click on ” Windows Defender scheduled scan “.
- Then you will have to click on “Windows Defender Scheduled Exam Properties (Local Computer)” and we will have to choose the tab that says ” Triggers “.
- Next, you will have to go to the window below and choose ” New “.
- Here you can specify how often you want the analyzes to be done, when they start, etc.
Schedule scan in Microsoft Defender Antivirus
As you can see, it is quite easy to perform a scheduled scan with Windows Defender . You can configure so that every day or every several days the analysis runs automatically without you having to worry about anything or take care of anything.
In this way we can ensure that our computer remains safe without having to perform any action every day or every so often. Something that is quite important, especially if you surf the internet too much because in this way you are exposed all the time to be infected in many different ways.
We never recommend disabling Windows Defender for too long. Malware of all kinds abounds on the internet and that is why it becomes essential to have the best possible protection when browsing, especially if you are downloading a lot of things.
Remember that, if you have any kind of problem or inconvenience to schedule Windows Defender antivirus exams, you can always leave them in the comments which you can find a little further down.