If you need to save the website page opened in the browser as a PDF file, then in Windows 10 and Windows 11, on Android and iPhone, this does not require any additional browser extensions or applications (although there are such applications) – everything you need can be done using the built-in system tools.
This instruction details how to save a site as PDF on various devices without using third-party tools: for most tasks, the proposed methods should be enough.
- Save site page to PDF in Windows 10 and Windows 11
- On Android
- On iPhone
- Video instruction
Saving site pages to a PDF file on a Windows 10 and Windows 11 computer or laptop
If you need to save an open page of a website as a PDF in Windows 10 or Windows 11, the required actions will be the same in different browsers: I will show you how to do this in Google Chrome, but also in Yandex Browser and in Mozilla Firefox, and in what or in other browsers, the action logic remains the same:
- When the website page is open, select “Print” from the menu or press Ctrl + P (P – English).
- The print dialog box will open. Select “Save as PDF” or “Microsoft Print to PDF” for the printer selection.
- Click the Print button and specify the location to save the PDF file.
Attention: it happens that some “assemblies” do not need a virtual printer that allows printing to PDF. If you are faced with this, then:
- Go to Control Panel – Programs and Features, on the left, select “Turn Windows features on or off.”
- Turn on the Microsoft Print to PDF option and apply the settings.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
How to save a website to PDF on Android
On a phone or tablet with the latest versions of Android and the Google Chrome browser (it should be the same in other browsers), everything is still very simple:
- Open the browser menu (three dots in the upper right in the case of Chrome) and click on the item “Share”.
- Select “Print”.
- Select “Save as PDF” at the top of the print dialog as a printer.
- Click on the button to save the PDF file.
As a result, the current page will be saved as a PDF file with the paper size, orientation and color settings you specified.
Print to PDF on iPhone
Printing (saving) a website page as PDF is also possible on the iPhone, but here the function is implemented in a somewhat less obvious way:
- Open the site in a browser – Google Chrome, Safari or some other.
- Click on the “Share” button, and then select “Print” (if it is missing, add it using “Edit Actions”).
- A window with print options will open, but by clicking “Select a printer” we will not be able to specify saving as PDF.
- Instead, tap and hold the preview of the page at the bottom until it “pops up”, release the page and tap it again.
- The preview will open full screen of the iPhone and you will see the Share button in the upper right. Click on it.
- Click Save to Files to save the current page as a PDF to your iPhone (you can access the PDF in the Files app).
The article describes only the built-in system tools that allow you to save pages as PDF. Alternatively, you can use third-party solutions such as the Save to PDF Chrome extension, Android apps like Web to PDF Nice Converter, and more. But, as a rule, this is not required and the required functionality is available without the use of any third-party tools.