In today’s article we are going to see how to restart Windows 10 automatically after each update , so you don’t have to worry and the PC does everything for us.
Windows 10 updates are extremely important to keep your operating system safe. In addition, on many occasions they bring new and interesting functions that can be very useful.
Although we can disable OS updates , it is not recommended at all. The best thing is to update immediately when it is available, although if we are using the computer, waiting for it to restart and install can sometimes be somewhat boring, especially if we are in a hurry.
What we can do is schedule Windows 10 to restart only after each update. In this way, when we stop using the PC for a while, Windows will detect that it is inactive and proceed to restart to install all the updates.
Do you want to know how to configure this option? We are going to see all the steps that you must follow in detail in the tutorial that you can find below.
How to automatically restart Windows 10 after updating
- The first thing we should do is press ” Start ” and then click on the gear-shaped icon that is on the left side of the menu, at the bottom of it.
- A ” Windows Settings ” window will open where we must access the ” Update and security ” section.
- After this we simply go to ” Windows Update ” option found in the left sidebar.
- Here we must go to “Advanced options” found at the bottom of this section.
- It directs us to a new window where we can see many advanced options related to Windows updates.
- The option that interests us is the third which says: ” Restart this device as soon as possible when it is necessary to restart to install an update ” Windows will show a notification before proceeding to restart the device.
- After activating the switch, we can rest assured that every time updates are downloaded and installed, the computer will show a notification to notify us that it will restart automatically.
- In case we are just using the PC, what we can do is press on said notification and schedule a reboot for later. We can even speed up the reboot if necessary.
How to prevent Windows 10 from restarting automatically after updating
If what you want is that your computer does not restart by force after each update. You will have to do the same as we mentioned before, only that, instead of activating this option, it must be deactivated . This way the operating system will not attempt to restart in any way.
Another alternative we have is to go to ” Windows Update ” from Windows Settings> Updates and security . And navigate to the option “Active hours” during the hours that are configured in this section, the OS will not restart in any way.
If it detects that the PC is not being used for a while, it will proceed to restart to install the updates. In the rare event that none of these options work for you. What we can do is directly disable automatic updates .
Ideally, updates should be installed as soon as they are available, as this is essential to keep your computer safe. Remember that, to avoid any kind of malware infection , it is important to keep your apps, operating system and antivirus always updated.
Otherwise, we would be leaving possible vulnerabilities for this class of malicious programs to take advantage of and infect our computer.